U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 06:06 PM

1 posts, read 129 times

Advertisements

It's an absolute disaster that we even have to have this conversation.
I recently went to a VES site in Monument Colorado. From the time that I sat down, the guy that was doing my evaluation did absolutely nothing but talk once every 3 to 4 minutes. When he did talk, he kept telling me what my symptoms were and how severe they were.
Since I'm no longer an expert, I can can only give my opinion: VES is a bunch of scam artist! I am on a mission to prove it!
I went in with a previously diagnosed TBI. According to this guy, I have zero symptoms. Despite the uncharacteristic outburst, and frequent hour to 6 hour trembling episodes that I get. Other injuries that I are documented to be service connected, all of a sudden there are no symptoms based on his findings. Ironically, I went to the ER the next few days and was told why that was happening, and that it was highly likely due to the TBI.
There are ways to address issues revolving around VES. I have been keeping up with dozens of websites and forums where people talk about how poor of a job they do. It may take time, but keep track of things you find about this company. When you finally have an appeal hearing, you can definitely use the piles of negative comments to support your claim, and assert that VES is not being honest with the VA about their findings.
I don't think that this is an issue within the VA, but simply the scam companies that they keep contracting to do their claims evaluations. This is the third different company that I have dealt with revolving around my claim, in three years. That tells should explain a lot about the quality of the people doing their evaluations.
I went as far as sending the guy (that i refuse to refer to as a dr) a letter letting him know that I would be contacting various local, state, and federal legislators to inform them of what this company is doing to their veterans. I embedded a received and read alert so I know that they got it and read it. I encourage others to call and email their state and federal legislators. With all of the bs that the VA has going, veterans making complaints might encourage them to get their act together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or