Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 07:01 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,329,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHarper14 View Post
Thanks very much for your reply Dmarie123. I have a few questions now. How can I know if my recruiter is even submitting my waiver and not just telling me that I need more information? How could I get in contact with his boss? What do I say to the chat people on Airforce.com? If I must, and I will, what do I say if I can get in contact with the congressman? and final question; can I just go to another recruiter and ask him to submit the waiver for me or do I just start fresh? Thanks so very much for all the help. I can't explain how much depression you are dampening.
You really honestly have no way of knowing. Did you complete the waiver by writing a statement and signing another form called the 1419? The 1419 is the actual request for the waiver. Ask your recruiter for a copy of the full waiver. He is supposed to have his boss's number (flight chief) posted on the front door or front window of the office.

To get in contact with airforce.com you go there, sign-up to do a live chat, and tell them that you are trying to have a waiver submitted without documentation, and you turned in the forms, and there is nothing else you can obtain from the police/court, and that you need some help.

Writing your Congressman has to be done directly on their website. You can find that info on google. I don't know where you live, so I can't tell who your rep is.

You can TRY to go to another recruiter, but you might be "locked" to your current recruiter.

None of this is guaranteed to get your waiver approved, but it should get it reviewed. I really don't think your waiver is actually getting all the way to the commander. I think your recruiter is guessing that the documentation won't work, and is saying it won't, but isn't submitting the actual documents. I could be wrong, but I've been in this business a long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 07:02 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,329,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
If it was a Juvenile arrest record the its not going to show on any military check that police do. They only check adult record. Your juvenile record is held in separate filing than adult records by law. Once a adult its also sealed. I suggest you go to where you were arrested and talk to a juvenile officer.
Yes, but he can't take it back now that he told his recruiter, so now he has to get the waiver reviewed or join another branch.

Old 01-12-2015, 08:12 AM

6,452 posts, read 9,814,509 times
He isnt AF material anyway. If a judge told him to keep his mouth shut about it and he couldnt follow that rule he wont make it in the military lol

Old 01-12-2015, 09:23 AM

13 posts, read 45,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
He isnt AF material anyway. If a judge told him to keep his mouth shut about it and he couldnt follow that rule he wont make it in the military lol
Well when my recruiter says to me "list anything even if you were told never to speak of it or even if it was dismissed," then I think that your statement is a bit flawed? I am always a person to tell the truth and nothing but the truth, no matter the consequences. Kthx

Old 01-12-2015, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
You really honestly have no way of knowing. Did you complete the waiver by writing a statement and signing another form called the 1419? The 1419 is the actual request for the waiver. Ask your recruiter for a copy of the full waiver. He is supposed to have his boss's number (flight chief) posted on the front door or front window of the office.

To get in contact with airforce.com you go there, sign-up to do a live chat, and tell them that you are trying to have a waiver submitted without documentation, and you turned in the forms, and there is nothing else you can obtain from the police/court, and that you need some help.

Writing your Congressman has to be done directly on their website. You can find that info on google. I don't know where you live, so I can't tell who your rep is.

You can TRY to go to another recruiter, but you might be "locked" to your current recruiter.

None of this is guaranteed to get your waiver approved, but it should get it reviewed. I really don't think your waiver is actually getting all the way to the commander. I think your recruiter is guessing that the documentation won't work, and is saying it won't, but isn't submitting the actual documents. I could be wrong, but I've been in this business a long time.
I did sign that form, and when you speak of the flight chief's number are you talking about a phone number? If so, do I ask the flight chief if my waiver has crossed his path? Thanks

Old 01-12-2015, 09:44 AM

6,452 posts, read 9,814,509 times
Quote:
Well when my recruiter says to me "list anything even if you were told never to speak of it or even if it was dismissed," then I think that your statement is a bit flawed? I am always a person to tell the truth and nothing but the truth, no matter the consequences. Kthx

You can spin it any way you want but the Judge told you not to mention it, yet you did. You failed to follow a simple order like that and look where its getting you now.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:56 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,767,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
You can spin it any way you want but the Judge told you not to mention it, yet you did. You failed to follow a simple order like that and look where its getting you now.
Enough. OK...

Old 01-29-2015, 03:12 PM

Great news! Just got the call. My waiver was approved. I would like to thank everyone on the forums for all the great help that was given to me. I wouldnt have been able to do it without you guys!

Old 01-29-2015, 03:24 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,316,296 times
good for you some of these folks are really good at how to go about things.

good luck

Old 01-29-2015, 04:06 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,767,782 times
Quote:
Great news! Just got the call. My waiver was approved.
Congratulations! I truly am happy you got it. Good luck in your assignments!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues