Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 08:14 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,608,363 times

Advertisements

The main ? is what does she want to study? Does she have an idea? A lot of the training in the military crosses over to college and carries college credit. Knowing this would go a long way in her decision.

Does she want to study business? Medicine? Engineering?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 02:11 PM

123 posts, read 278,377 times
I think the ROTC route is a great option, as a general rule most Rotc students tend to do better overall than regular students. Just beaware Rotc scholarships are not as easy to get as most people think, you need to be an A student on the whole.
Good luck with whatever choice or route you take, my son is taking Afrotc. It seems like a really good program. Teaches character and leadership, skills that will help anyone suceed in life.

Old 03-29-2015, 10:47 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
The main ? is what does she want to study? Does she have an idea? A lot of the training in the military crosses over to college and carries college credit. Knowing this would go a long way in her decision.

Does she want to study business? Medicine? Engineering?

She is an "A" student. She has a 4.25 average. (over 4 because she has taken AP classes that carry more weight)

Her interest at this time is political science (pre-law). She is taking two college courses now.

Old 03-31-2015, 06:31 PM

Someone said that she should join the reserves. That would mean starting basic training this Summer.

What are the pros and cons of the reserves vs. the National Guard?

Old 04-01-2015, 07:42 PM

My daughter has decided upon the Army reserves. She is going back tomorrow to finalize things.

I am proud, excited, nervous, happy and everything else you might think of.

She is getting extra money for her above 4.0 GPA and high ASVAP scores. They also consider extracurriculars, sports, and community service.

We are happy that she will graduate debt free.

Thanks to everyone who gave advice. I'll check back tomorrow when everything is finalized.

Old 04-09-2015, 02:21 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,085,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
My daughter has decided upon the Army reserves. She is going back tomorrow to finalize things.

I am proud, excited, nervous, happy and everything else you might think of.

She is getting extra money for her above 4.0 GPA and high ASVAP scores. They also consider extracurriculars, sports, and community service.

We are happy that she will graduate debt free.

Thanks to everyone who gave advice. I'll check back tomorrow when everything is finalized.
What type of job or position did she enlist in the reserves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues