U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2017, 04:41 PM

25,646 posts, read 21,539,680 times

Advertisements

never came close to failing in 20+ yrs....not because of grader, just tried not to get too far out of shape then would prep month out.....my units (med) often didn't do routine PT.....one of my biggest regrets in the military was that I didn't use the gym and get in top shape (I'm in better shape now than I was during my 20s-40s because my fitness is a priority now).....I wish we had fitness trainers in the military available like that are employed in civilian fitness outlets.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 05:57 PM

23,005 posts, read 35,228,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
never came close to failing in 20+ yrs....not because of grader, just tried not to get too far out of shape then would prep month out.....my units (med) often didn't do routine PT.....one of my biggest regrets in the military was that I didn't use the gym and get in top shape (I'm in better shape now than I was during my 20s-40s because my fitness is a priority now).....I wish we had fitness trainers in the military available like that are employed in civilian fitness outlets.
The Army started having "fitness trainers" at some locations. We had some in Korea in '84. Three PT instructors were sent back to the states to train. Not bad, we had Yoga warm up...

Old 10-07-2017, 04:35 PM

9,261 posts, read 16,551,645 times
When I was in basic training a few soldiers failed the PT test on purpose to get out of the military. They said the army was not for them. I guess they went back to what they were doing just before they left for boot camp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues