U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM

608 posts, read 356,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramidsurf View Post
There's no monthly fee. I'm not sure what you're looking at. It's also significantly cheaper than GovX.
Hmm, may need to look again. It had trial and monthly plans listed on there. Only thing i use govx for is rental vehicles.
Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:01 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,610,280 times
There is new website https://www.americanforcestravel.com/ where active duty, retirees and eligible dependents can get deals on travel. It is run by priceline.

I did a little searching and hotel deals were decent, at least where I was looking.

Old Today, 07:17 AM

30,973 posts, read 31,896,445 times
Many (American) tourist attractions do have special/lower admission fees for active duty military and some even have for retired/military veterans.

The Circle Line Cruise company in NYC gives military (active & veteran) 50% of their tickets for up to 4 people (meaning the military person with 3 accompanying people) when the tickets are purchased at their ticket office. (See https://www.circleline.com/about/fre...sked-questions )

Old Today, 07:59 AM

9,730 posts, read 3,310,544 times
NATO Forces (including US Forces) qualify for discounts in some European countries including the UK.

Defence Discount Service

Old Today, 08:30 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,610,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
NATO Forces (including US Forces) qualify for discounts in some European countries including the UK.

Defence Discount Service

Interesting. I just checked it out. Wish it applied to those that aren't stationed there. We are returning this summer for a month. Just booked all my hotels etc. While stationed there we always stayed at UK military bases etc, The Union Jack in London was a favorite weekend haunt. Also some Navy bases in Scotland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues