Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 05:54 AM

1 posts, read 2,960 times

Advertisements

So is it only for active duty personnel?because I'm in the reserve and I go everyday and today I got denied entrance because I work at the airport. And I frequently donate to the USO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 06:27 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,122,972 times
I cannot quite ascertain what it is that you are asking; your statesment as written does not make sense. What is it that you are disappointed by and what does your employment at the airport have to do with your entrance denial (To a military installation)?

Old 07-27-2015, 06:55 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Is what for only active duty personnel?

The USO lounge at the airport?

Old 07-27-2015, 07:01 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,330,509 times
I think he's stating that he works at the airport and goes to the USO lounge everyday while at work. On the day in question he was denied entrance.

Shakiah, for years now the USO has been for active duty personnel only. At the heart of it, they are meant for uniformed active duty personnel while on travel with military orders. Using it as a lounge while on break at work is cheating the system, and I'm not surprised they denied your entrance. Donating to them has no bearing on gaining entrance. Shame you don't donate to them solely because you believe in their cause.

Last edited by LakeLifePA; 07-27-2015 at 07:29 AM..

Old 07-27-2015, 08:17 AM

12,108 posts, read 23,274,107 times
Glad someone could figure out what he was talking about.

OP: No, the lounge is not your break area, it is for traveling service members. Is it really that hard to figure out?

Last edited by joe from dayton; 07-27-2015 at 08:29 AM..

Old 07-27-2015, 08:23 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,414,557 times
Hi OP,

Did you work for the TSA and lost you're secret clearance? and because of it you were denied entry in Military or is something else?

Old 07-27-2015, 08:31 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
I think he's stating that he works at the airport and goes to the USO lounge everyday while at work. On the day in question he was denied entrance.

Shakiah, for years now the USO has been for active duty personnel only. At the heart of it, they are meant for uniformed active duty personnel while on travel with military orders. Using it as a lounge while on break at work is cheating the system, and I'm not surprised they denied your entrance. Donating to them has no bearing on gaining entrance. Shame you don't donate to them solely because you believe in their cause.
This. It's intended for those traveling on orders. They won't let you use it as a staff lounge at your place of civilian employment, even if you are a reservist. You can use it if you fly somewhere for your AT, though. But not just when you're working at the airport, no. That's not its purpose.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:08 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post

Thank you for interpreting. I had no idea what he was saying, but now it makes sense.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:38 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,081,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakiah View Post
So is it only for active duty personnel?because I'm in the reserve and I go everyday and today I got denied entrance because I work at the airport. And I frequently donate to the USO
You should've told them you frequently donate to the USO and pay their salaries and therefore are entitled to be admitted!

Old 07-28-2015, 04:59 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,122,972 times
The question makes sense now that the OP has added USO to the title! It has always been for AD and family members; if any group(s) were to be added it would be disabled Vets or Retirees~ at least they have put the time in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues