Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 03:16 PM

6,721 posts, read 4,390,330 times

Advertisements

Imagine a whole platoon of women all training together. And all their menstrual cycles sync up. All pissed and now with guns. Send them to war. How could we lose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2015, 03:31 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,949,534 times
We couldn't. The ladies would never allow themselves to be beat by men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
Imagine a whole platoon of women all training together. And all their menstrual cycles sync up. All pissed and now with guns. Send them to war. How could we lose.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:27 PM

18 posts, read 29,759 times
I will quote a combat tested Marine Gunnery Sgt that was a Combat Instructor at Camp Lejuene while this mess was going on. Another Marine asked if the females contributed anything to the operational effectiveness while at infantry training battalion like maybe seeing better at night or heightened sense of smell or some other silly s!i#.

His answer was " There was no increased operational effectiveness with the females added to the group. There was no special skill or ability any of them brought.They were slower,weaker,and took longer to grasp infantry skills and concepts."

Nuff said

Old 12-07-2015, 07:13 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,127,343 times
The key word here is "can". I was working on admiral staff during the femalization of VP squadrons.
(went from 0 to 40Z% in a matter of months) Those that wouldn't allow women to do the work they were trained to do failed, those that accepted it performed well. I found that the women that volunteered to do those supposedly manly jobs did a very capable job of it~ those that were told to do jobs they weren't interested in didn't, same as any man.
As far as women not being capable, WW2 had female aces, pilots that flew every kind of aircraft being flown and doing well. The biggest obstical of ISIS is a kerdish women's troop.
Not all women can handle this kind of stuff but those that can and wish to seem to excel. I don't think that the job will get done with every woman but that is not what is proposed, just allow those that can and will the chance to do so. I'm all fo it.

Old 12-07-2015, 08:32 PM

17,876 posts, read 15,837,360 times
There have been effective female snipers in WW2, and why cant they operate artillery?

Old 12-08-2015, 05:42 AM

12,337 posts, read 8,068,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
There have been effective female snipers in WW2, and why cant they operate artillery?
Because most of a red legs job is to carry heavy shells that is beyond the physical capabilities of the soldier choosing Field Artillery as a route towards a General's star.

Old 12-08-2015, 06:08 AM

28,623 posts, read 18,677,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Because most of a red legs job is to carry heavy shells that is beyond the physical capabilities of the soldier choosing Field Artillery as a route towards a General's star.
Not exactly. You're right to point out that the artillery legwork is the tough physical part, but the soldiers who choose artillery as the route to a general's star aren't the enlisted troops doing the legwork. And that's a point to look at here. The people within the military who are pushing this are the female officers who recognize that in the ground services, it takes armor, artillery, and infantry service in their resumes to reach the top policymaking positions. They're going to do the bit of time necessary to get the badges, then get out. That's not necessary in the Navy and Air Force--women are already serving in the positions that can get them into the top spots.

Old 12-08-2015, 12:52 PM

24,233 posts, read 13,082,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Not exactly. You're right to point out that the artillery legwork is the tough physical part, but the soldiers who choose artillery as the route to a general's star aren't the enlisted troops doing the legwork. And that's a point to look at here. The people within the military who are pushing this are the female officers who recognize that in the ground services, it takes armor, artillery, and infantry service in their resumes to reach the top policymaking positions. They're going to do the bit of time necessary to get the badges, then get out. That's not necessary in the Navy and Air Force--women are already serving in the positions that can get them into the top spots.
One of my ROTC classmates recently retired as a 2-star. Her husband retired a couple years earlier as a 1-star... that's one hellacious household income. In any case, she was willing to do some jobs that took her away from flying, but that's the life of a senior officer. As for women flying combat missions, I was an instructor to one of the first female F-16 pilots way back in 1993, and many since then, including actual combat missions over Iraq with women without issue. In the end, the bomb doesn't care who dropped it, just how many teeth and eyeballs it spreads across the landscape.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:01 PM

28,623 posts, read 18,677,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SluggoF16 View Post
One of my ROTC classmates recently retired as a 2-star. Her husband retired a couple years earlier as a 1-star... that's one hellacious household income. In any case, she was willing to do some jobs that took her away from flying, but that's the life of a senior officer. As for women flying combat missions, I was an instructor to one of the first female F-16 pilots way back in 1993, and many since then, including actual combat missions over Iraq with women without issue. In the end, the bomb doesn't care who dropped it, just how many teeth and eyeballs it spreads across the landscape.
Back in 1979, I looked at the roster of the 544th Intelligence Wing at Offutt AFB and noted that fully 20% of the new second lieutenants were women. That was huge--a few years earlier, the percentage was only 5%. I wondered then what the percentage of female field grade and senior officers would be twenty years later.

Well, 20 years later, I was back at Offutt. I'd worked for a couple of female colonels by then, and the STRATCOM Assistant Director for Intelligence was a female 2-star.

The current commander of PACAF (or maybe the immediately previous one--I haven't been keeping close track) is a female 4-star who has never even been a pilot. She's been a "back end crew" commander, but not an aircraft commander, and that's a heck of a change of Air Force mentality.

Old 12-31-2015, 04:36 PM

16 posts, read 16,574 times
I just hope fathers/mothers are truly okay with the thought of their sons being backed up by little girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues