Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 11:44 AM

12 posts, read 43,967 times

Advertisements

May I as a question what would you say the average score is for the ASVAB? 75 was my score just on the practice. So if you can tell me that the average score is higher I'll consider that there are better qualified people applying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 11:47 AM

I'm definitely going to see a recruiter, I just wanted to make sure I'm not wasting my time because a recruiter may not want to push a little paperwork. Thank you for your service and stated information above. I greatly appreciate it.

Old 12-18-2015, 11:54 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAbrams7 View Post
I'm definitely going to see a recruiter, I just wanted to make sure I'm not wasting my time because a recruiter may not want to push a little paperwork. Thank you for your service and stated information above. I greatly appreciate it.
Well, sir or madam, with the attitude you have displayed in just a few posts on this thread, I would say,...No, never mind, instead of what I was going to write, I will just say GOOD LUCK, and advise you to beware of barracks blanket parties.

Old 12-18-2015, 12:11 PM

Attitude via a post is a personal take on how one presumes someone to say something...which may or may not be correct. I can assure you I was not having an attitude only stating what I thought the previous post was saying " if you can find a recruiter to do the waiver " which is why I asked Perviously and stated what I did. I'm sorry for any misunderstanding you or anyone else may have had in the context. I'm interested in opinions or facts of others that's why I came to the thread to hopefully get other Veterans or Active Military% take on my options as I do really want to enter the Military myself.

Old 12-18-2015, 12:52 PM

50,335 posts, read 63,906,560 times
It is my understanding that Recruiters want to recruit people. If they can possible make it work, they will. Especially someone with useful skills. Perhaps the current downsizing of the military will affect your chances more than your former youthful mistakes.

Old 12-18-2015, 01:05 PM

Yeah I could see downsizing being a hindering factor, I hope it doesn't but could definitely accept it if that was the case. I hope that with all the necessary paperwork on my end the "youthful mistakes" aren't the ultimate reason for me being unable to be apart of something as great as our Military.

Old 12-18-2015, 01:34 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,078,593 times
Quote:
So if I get all that what your telling me is that recruiters are probably going to be to lazy to want to do the waiver?
No, they're not too lazy, they want to focus their time on people who have less baggage to clear. Being Air Force, there are probably people with college degrees and work experience applying.

Quote:
Well thanks for knowing all of my credentials and how well I'm Qualified other than the fact of charges that happened 5 years ago Sir. I am EMT/Paramedic certified, that alone is more qualified than half the people applying I'm sure
You're not even in and you've displayed a **** poor attitude. You don't think people can see through that?

Go talk to recruiters but be ready for disappointment. If this were the days of the Iraq surge, you'd probably get in but 5 years isn't that much time. And there is no way that as a 17-18 year old, you didn't know that having sex with a 14-15 year old was wrong.

I've been around the world a few times, seen a few things and from what I know right now, the Army is undergoing a reduction in force (RIF) with enlistments and reenlistments being tough. I don't see why the other branches with even smaller budgets would be any different.

Old 12-18-2015, 01:59 PM

Well honestly what I've said previously was in no way getting an attitude you and others may see what you see but my Vision is 20/13 and I see pretty clear an know otherwise ( yes attitude intended ) With that said what you've stated yes I understand the downsizing of military force under the current Obama administration could prevent me from joining but in no way are you in a position to judge my character now or then. Honestly at the time no I did not see dating a 14 year old freshman at 17 years old (senior) a problem or having intercourse at the time a problem either. It happens all the time with seniors dating freshman or vise versa. Maybe you should join a National School Board committee and force schools to have separate schools for freshman and sophmores.
As for your definition of lazy, I put recruiters in my definition of lazy if they want to focus time on recruits with less baggage instead of making sure the most physical and mentally stable recruits get in. I'm not sure I'd want the countless members that ARE in cheating and lieing to my spouse covering my back...maybe that's personal preference but in no way will I let anyone judge who I am today based on something that happened 5 years ago. ( a lot can happen in 5 years and I've learned from my mistakes.

Last edited by ChrisAbrams7; 12-18-2015 at 02:13 PM..

Old 12-18-2015, 03:03 PM

2,382 posts, read 5,392,817 times
Yikes, recruiters work really, really hard. I've never met one that was lazy - they work really long hours and if they don't seem thrilled about a potential candidate, it's because they can't afford to waste precious time on someone who wont get in. After a while , they get a feel for what is going to fly at their command waiver-wise.

Old 12-18-2015, 04:37 PM

Yeah honestly I wish I could say the same. My experiences have told me otherwise. I tried to join a few years ago with the Navy and the recruiter had me get all the paper necessary for the waviers, I had a total of about 10 or so meetings with him discussing everything. He reassured me that the waivers wouldn't be an issue with proper paperwork only to tell me a couple weeks later "oh we aren't taking active duty, only reserves" (Going in as an MP by the way) I just don't want the run around. I'm up front and honest I expect the same. I absolutely agree tho Bak that recruiters shouldn't waste their time if someone for sure can't get in... Just don't give a run around at any point
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues