Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 06:51 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,758,083 times

Advertisements

VA Medical Centers - Your Opinion

"The Veterans Health Administration is the largest integrated health care system in the United States, providing care at 1,233 health care facilities, including 168 VA Medical Centers and 1,053 outpatient sites of care of varying complexity (VHA outpatient clinics), serving more than 8.9 million Veterans each year."

I have only received care/treatment at two VA Hospitals and one VA Outpatient Site that I can recall. (I have performed volunteer services at various facilities).

I have no complaints.

https://www.va.gov/health/findcare.asp

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 12-22-2017 at 07:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 07:49 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,925,882 times
Not really important other to showing the end results by the VA. Care system.

Am in a Rehab facility 3 weeks then to the Hospital for X Rays and removal of 31 staples. XRay showed the angle plate with 2 screws supporting damage and potential internal blem for another word.

Hope I am not boring here but just an insight into a happening and conclusion with positive results.

Old 01-06-2018, 06:34 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,420,628 times
I see there is a new VA medical center in Charlotte. I'm glad because I'm considering a move there. I don't really care for the one in Salisbury. Any feedback on Charlotte?

Old 01-09-2018, 09:51 PM

494 posts, read 501,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I had the unfortunate experience of spending 3 hours at a VA Medical Center emergency room tonight with an elderly sick Vet who served 3 terms in 'Nam.

Just wondering what the consensus is with regard to others at VA Med Centers...

#1... Spent 3 hours waiting

#2... Watched patients wait for hours before triage - in a hallway with no comfort.

#3... Crass attitudes - "i'm trying to HELP YOU" attitude - nasty as hell

#4.... I've SEEN IT ALL attitude - WHAT ARE YOU COMING HERE WITH????

#5.... ZERO sensitivity - nurses who've seen it all, with a "chew you up and spit you out" attitude.

DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what the hell?
My Phoenix VA experience

#1. True - I've seem folks wait 8 hours in emergency

#2. True

#3. I've not seen this

#4. I've not seen

#5. I've not seen

Old 01-10-2018, 10:30 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,925,882 times
Update
Dec 2nd entered ER and mentioned two words." broken hip" and they were all homeover me.
Sun Dec 3rd around 6 PM had the Surgery.
Six days later to a Rehab place with knowledge MD and staff.eserbe
Released home Jan 5th. They kept me their one extra week due to other medical preissues I had.
As for me they deserve a high FIVES at the SD LA Jolla facility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues