U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 04:22 PM

30,774 posts, read 17,004,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Birmingham, AL runs like a civilian hospital. Scheduling, follow up, knowledgable staff.
Dallas, TX was simply horrible.
OKC! OK have heard a lot of praise. We will see.
Nashville is eve better than Birmingham....been to both....but Nashville is pretty damn good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 05:14 AM

3,287 posts, read 1,463,500 times
If you're not on myhealth.va.gov yet you should check it out. You can check your appointments, order med refills, and they have a "secure messaging" system where you can email your providers. My wife can use this to show the civie ER what meds I'm on when I make a visit so they can restart my heart.

Old 07-02-2016, 05:20 AM

29,739 posts, read 47,539,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
If you're not on myhealth.va.gov yet you should check it out. You can check your appointments, order med refills, and they have a "secure messaging" system where you can email your providers. My wife can use this to show the civie ER what meds I'm on when I make a visit so they can restart my heart.
If you are on a list of meds, you should carry in your wallet a print-out list of medications and your ailments.

Old 07-02-2016, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
If you are on a list of meds, you should carry in your wallet a print-out list of medications and your ailments.
Yeah, I do, my own list including dosages, and times. But if I get hauled out of here in my pajamas Boss Lady doesn't have to worry about whether she has her copy with her or not.

Old 07-02-2016, 05:49 AM

29,739 posts, read 47,539,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
Yeah, I do, my own list including dosages, and times. But if I get hauled out of here in my pajamas Boss Lady doesn't have to worry about whether she has her copy with her or not.
I think I would rather trust a paper in hand, instead of trying to get a computer, internet access and a website.

Old 07-02-2016, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
I think I would rather trust a paper in hand, instead of trying to get a computer, internet access and a website.

Why? Hospitals have internet. My hospital of choice lets my wife access the information they need, it's easy. Most of the nurses know me by sight anyway.

Old 07-02-2016, 06:34 AM

5,190 posts, read 3,792,194 times
I am very impressed with my VA here. The only issue is parking during the week.

Some docs offer Saturday appointments. I don't even have to take off of work.

It galls me that some think that you have to 'qualify' for healthcare by the VA.

Isn't enlisting, serving in whatever capacity, and seperating with an honorable discharge qualification enough?

And it really doesn't matter what you think anyway. Congress, thank goodness, disagrees with some of you.

Old 07-02-2016, 07:02 AM

We have valet parking at the John Cochran facility in St. Louis. No tipping allowed. (Business is run by a service-connected disabled veteran.) You can still park yourself in a lot across Grand Blvd., but I'd rather cross NoMan'sLand on a grumpy artillery day myself.

Old 07-02-2016, 09:57 AM

10,416 posts, read 7,500,235 times
I have mixed feelings, there's good and bad everywhere. I do hate rude people in any customer service industry. Or maybe rude people in general.

I'll be using them eventually. I may move to NM.

Old 07-04-2016, 10:45 PM

8,870 posts, read 7,356,456 times
Personally, I'd like to the see the VA turned into an insurance program veterans can take with them to the doctor or hospital of their choice instead of limited to only VA hospitals in their area, some of which offer facilities and quality of staff worse than charity hospitals. While the VA regularly begs for more and more funding, their upper levels of management continue to receive higher pay and bonuses regardless of controversy or quality of service to the system. It's a political tool run by tools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or