U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 01:58 PM

3,284 posts, read 9,482,668 times

Advertisements

Yes
E-Electrical (I just didn't mention it because you need really high scores to quality. No one with a 31 ever qualifies for any E job that I've seen).

We have people score well below 30 on occasion. I've seen scores in the single digits... YAY for American Educational reform and the No Child Left Behind Act.

It's common for people to fail the test multiple times and just give up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 12:58 PM

5,598 posts, read 6,563,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
It honestly depends on the line scores for a 31. Sometimes we can't put them in because they don't qualify for any jobs, but sometimes they'll have a G score high enough for Security Forces (Requires a G32), and sometimes they'll have an A score high enough for a couple of admin jobs. Usually, that's it. Every once in awhile they'll have a M score high enough to be a vehicle mechanic. Often though, they have to retest because of job qualifications.
G-General
A-Admin
M-Mechanical
Oh, OK, thanks for the info.

I get it, my generator mechanic was (to put it crudely) dumb as a box of rocks, but he had the ability to keep my motors going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
Yes
E-Electrical (I just didn't mention it because you need really high scores to quality. No one with a 31 ever qualifies for any E job that I've seen).

We have people score well below 30 on occasion. I've seen scores in the single digits... YAY for American Educational reform and the No Child Left Behind Act.

It's common for people to fail the test multiple times and just give up.
That is...sad.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:34 PM

17 posts, read 62,097 times
For me, everything i got was over a 100. For example, i scored 136 on GT and 124 on EL. For the army

Old 08-01-2016, 09:35 PM

With a 59, i qualify for evry job i want in any branch.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:40 AM

Waiver approved by the air force.

Old 08-26-2016, 12:57 PM

780 posts, read 517,588 times
Congrats.

If you can, please post and let us know what job you decided on.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:06 PM

3,284 posts, read 9,482,668 times
That's awesome! I'm sorry I was a naysayer!

Old 09-01-2016, 06:23 AM

742 posts, read 385,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
31?

Seriously though, the Army considers 31 to be the absolute minimum that a person can get, in order to be able to function at a minimum level- i.e.: follow orders and shoot. What can you do in the AF with that low of an IQ?
ASVAB scores are NOT "IQ" tests. Never use "IQ" in connection with any military aptitude test. They are not designed as general intelligence measures.

Old Today, 11:30 AM

1 posts
Can someone help me I got disqualified because the Meps doctor would say I have first block in my eye went to she the Dr don't have that went back said I have hypertension in my eye and some genetic went to the eye Dr and did some test and don't have any problem with my eye what can I do I want to join the army can someone help me plz

Old Today, 03:39 PM

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmom2002 View Post
Can someone help me I got disqualified because the Meps doctor would say I have first block in my eye went to she the Dr don't have that went back said I have hypertension in my eye and some genetic went to the eye Dr and did some test and don't have any problem with my eye what can I do I want to join the army can someone help me plz
your post is hard to understand due to the wording. Did the meps diagnose you with glaucoma, because thats one of the most common causes of being diagnosed with increased pressure of the eye. or was it just hypertension. you might have to submit the records of your clean bill of health, from your ophthalmologist(eye doctor) to Meps for review. I have heard where Meps diagnosed people with some kind of disorder but thier personal physicians did the same test and had find anything wrong. you will need a waiver unfortunately, plus your eye doctors report on your eye, helps in assessing that situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues