Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 12:58 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,328,643 times

Advertisements

It's too late for your recruiter to update the SF86, as it has already been given to OPM. You can't update it. Your only option at this point is to report it in the interview. If I were you, and I wanted to work on Nukes, I'd STOP those contacts. This can limit your clearance in your situation, because Syrian and Iraqi contacts are a conflict of interest. What if you are asked to support the launch of a Naval weapon into an area where you know she is? This could cloud your judgement because you have a relationship with her. We're unlikely to take any military action against India, so your parents are a conflict in the same way this girl is. Cut off the contact. If she's too important to cut off the contact, then it's reasonable that it could affect your military actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 01:22 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
It's too late for your recruiter to update the SF86, as it has already been given to OPM. You can't update it. Your only option at this point is to report it in the interview. If I were you, and I wanted to work on Nukes, I'd STOP those contacts. This can limit your clearance in your situation, because Syrian and Iraqi contacts are a conflict of interest. What if you are asked to support the launch of a Naval weapon into an area where you know she is? This could cloud your judgement because you have a relationship with her. We're unlikely to take any military action against India, so your parents are a conflict in the same way this girl is. Cut off the contact. If she's too important to cut off the contact, then it's reasonable that it could affect your military actions.
I doubt that is a factor. There were plenty of people with relatives in Iraq and Afghanistan that were serving in those combat zones. I have family scattered throughout Russia and the former USSR, and I served on an SSBN in communications of all things. The US hired plenty of locals to assist in combat operations who were part of combat operations in the very areas they lived and their immediate family lived.

Old 11-12-2016, 01:42 PM

I agree, but not all of those people are going to have TS clearances. You don't need a TS clearance to merely work in an area.

Old 11-12-2016, 03:23 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,314,247 times
I would be concerned about a honeypot, especially re reading the details

OP

Break off contact with your on line friend. Make sure you report it during your interview

Old 11-12-2016, 06:26 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
I agree, but not all of those people are going to have TS clearances. You don't need a TS clearance to merely work in an area.
I was referring to your comment about the potential to fire upon someone.

The OP is going to be a nuke, secret clearance only, not firing upon anyone or anything, just slinging it in the engine room of a surface ship or submarine.

Also, the girl he is speaking to has an expired US passport, which means she is a citizen.

Old 11-13-2016, 08:09 AM

I get it, I was simplifying my answer. I don't know what he'd do with that job in the Navy, but if it needs a TS there's a reason.

Old 11-13-2016, 11:40 AM

Just one other point... those questions are on the SF86 for a reason, because they can affect clearances. Please just be honest with the investigator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues