U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 11:27 PM

4,700 posts, read 2,271,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiettimect View Post
That made me laugh. I belong to a shooting club where if something is "GI" or mil-spec it is touted as something special. I think in my head, "it must be a piece of crap".
I don't know, how many police departments choose a Baretta to upgrade their revolves to pistols because the US Army did?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 10:07 AM

23,015 posts, read 35,272,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
I don't know, how many police departments choose a Baretta to upgrade their revolves to pistols because the US Army did?
In the past, maybe more than you think?

What Police Departments issue the Beretta 92??? | The Firearms Forum
Quote:
I was watching Tales of the Gun from History Channel on Youtube on semi automatic pistols and it stated that nearly 1000 police departments in the U.S. issue the Beretta 92.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZInsHI-TnA

I know the LAPD used to several years ago. But that was all I knew of.

What other departments???

Old 02-14-2017, 11:25 PM

2,266 posts, read 1,290,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
How long has he waited for the repair? If months it might be an issue. If it has been a week or two maybe not?
He said the turn around time was about 10 or 12 days.

Old 08-07-2017, 04:46 PM

434 posts, read 351,613 times
The U S Military is obligated (excluding Special Warfare units) to use NATO caliber ammunition. Period!
Forget the fantasy of "super-speed hollow-point, tracer, incendiary, armor piercing, doo dah, specialty
rounds in the caliber of the day" The reason the U S is stuck with the 9mm is the result of "payback" from
NATO members who resisted adoption of the 5.56, M-16 , when they were perfectly happy with their proven
.30 cal long guns. "OK, America, we were forced to abandon our system/caliber of choice, in favor of your
puny .22 round, now YOU are stuck with our "puny" 9mm round!"

Besides, the skill required to accurately operate a .45 caliber pistol defensively (all military handguns are selected for
defensive purposes) takes a bit of practice, and by an individual capable of operating it correctly. (Sorry, Sweetie, that big ole' "man's" gun ain't for you. It might be if you could be trained to operate it, but neither of us has the time to do that.) Simple logic: bigger exit wound, more effective! Any questions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues