Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,735 times

Advertisements

Hey so I was wondering which of these military branches is the best in terms of money benefits and overall bad assery marines army or air force. I've heard a lot of people say that the marines are, but with my own research it seems that air force is the best but only slightly.
Also which of these is the most elite army rangers, marine force recon, or air force tactics. Thank you

Old 02-08-2017, 11:51 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,886,587 times
Talk to all 4 recruiters, see what they can offer to you, than talk to your parents and think. The key is to start thinking not after the 1st recruiter, but after you have all the information.

Old 02-08-2017, 11:53 AM

24,279 posts, read 13,132,107 times
Not sure how to answer that; the title of the thread is ROTC scholarship, but there's no reference to that topic.

Money benefits? Everyone in each grade gets paid at the same basic rate, there are variations based on locality and there are bonuses and special pays for certain jobs (MOS, rating, AFSC depending on the service)

As for who's most elite, the Rangers, Force Recon, SEALs or USAF CCT, you'll have to ask them, and each one will say that they are.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:28 PM

857 posts, read 843,326 times
What Sluggo said. Also, everyone knows Marines are the best at "bad assery" (joking; somewhat). Do keep in mind that making it into any of the special operations communities is not a guarantee by any means. You still have to qualify for those (in any branch) as well as pass all of the physical requirements. Another thing is you would be more likely to receive bonuses or larger ones in a highly-demanded/technical type MOS vs. something along the infantry line. In my opinion going after $ and wanting to do something 'elite' are competing priorities/not likely. Figure out what you want to do and go for it.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:02 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,217,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SluggoF16 View Post
As for who's most elite, the Rangers, Force Recon, SEALs or USAF CCT, you'll have to ask them, and each one will say that they are.
They will say they are but we all know the SEALs are the most "badass" of the bunch.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:04 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dking413 View Post
Hey so I was wondering which of these military branches is the best in terms of money benefits and overall bad assery marines army or air force. I've heard a lot of people say that the marines are, but with my own research it seems that air force is the best but only slightly.
Also which of these is the most elite army rangers, marine force recon, or air force tactics. Thank you
All five of the military services have the same basic pay based on pay grade/rank. There are a variety of different "extra pays"... The lowest basic pay you can start at right now is $1599.90 per month.

I am retired Army. I had two commanders who were "Army Rangers".

Old 02-08-2017, 07:04 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,075,410 times
Quote:
Hey so I was wondering which of these military branches is the best in terms of money benefits
Let me just stop you right there.

I don't think the military is something you need to pursue any further.

Old 02-08-2017, 07:37 PM

2,898 posts, read 1,864,185 times
All branches pay the same.

You might qualify for added bonuses like flight pay, submarine pay, etc depending on your specific job,

My personal opinion as an air force veteran check out the following jobs

Loadmaster
Flight engineer
Boom operator
Special operations Aerial gunner (think ac 130)
Pararescue
Tac-p
Special operations weather (a badass field for smart people)

Those are just a few to check out if you are curious.

Good luck let us know how it goes

Old 02-08-2017, 08:10 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,323,735 times
Quote:
AIR FORCE PARARESCUE!!! And you get flight pay, hazardous duty pay, dive pay, etc. Research Pararescue. They're who the SEALS, Rangers, Recon call if they need help!!

Old 02-08-2017, 08:13 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,323,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
They will say they are but we all know the SEALs are the most "badass" of the bunch.
I'm sorry, I beg to differ. Just look at the physical tests to become a SEAL vs Pararescue. You have to swim faster, run faster, and do more calisthenics to become a PJ. They also have an employable skill (Paramedic).

80% of people fail SEAL training, 90% fail PJ training...just saying'

Last edited by dmarie123; 02-08-2017 at 09:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues