U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 12:00 PM

13,291 posts, read 6,472,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej64 View Post
Did I ask you if you were in the military?I have a muslim friend who was refused by the US Airforce to become a pilot.He busted out and got his license to fly and was a well known in NYC PD
So what if he really, really wanted to be a fighter pilot, so joined the RAF for a while, then returned to the US?

In years past, there were homosexuals and women who served in the armed forces of other nations as US citizens.

To answer your OP question, it happens most often when people want to pursue opportunities that the US military does not afford them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 12:01 PM

10,642 posts, read 4,693,049 times
Quote:
did you run this by a soldier ?I did and this is what he said you have to be a scum bag to fight for another country.
One soldier? Just one? Two retired/separated soldiers work for me, and I work on an Army post... next time I see a few, I'll ask. Same goes for USAF JTACs when they show up this afternoon.

Old 02-28-2017, 12:03 PM

10,642 posts, read 4,693,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
So what if he really, really wanted to be a fighter pilot, so joined the RAF for a while, then returned to the US?
Different conflict and air force, but you mean like Claire Chennault and the AVG, aka The Flying Tigers?

Old 02-28-2017, 12:03 PM

872 posts, read 1,499,571 times
My friend was American as apple pie why would he leave the county he was born in.

Old 02-28-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SluggoF16 View Post
Different conflict and air force, but you mean like Claire Chennault and the AVG, aka The Flying Tigers?
They are examples.

I also knew a couple of pilots who flew for foreign airlines before coming into the US Air Force. One guy had flown for Braniff and had several stories about being offered huge money (and in once case, even a Learjet) to fly "just one time" from Colombia to undisclosed airstrips in Florida. He said it was tempting, except he knew it wouldn't be "just one time."

Old 02-28-2017, 12:13 PM

The word "traitor" has been getting tossed around a lot in the last year or two.

Not many people seem to know what "traitor" legally means and how difficult it is--and intended to be--to get a prosecution for treason.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:36 PM
Status: "Have you ever seen so many Indians? - G.A. Custer" (set 28 days ago)

16,807 posts, read 16,206,932 times
Quote:
My friend was American as apple pie why would he leave the county he was born in.

put distance between himself and others?

Old 02-28-2017, 01:58 PM

508 posts, read 185,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
put distance between himself and others?
Ha, probably wanted to get away from the OP...

Old 02-28-2017, 09:26 PM

2,434 posts, read 1,160,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
The word "traitor" has been getting tossed around a lot in the last year or two.

Not many people seem to know what "traitor" legally means and how difficult it is--and intended to be--to get a prosecution for treason.

And before you post, learn how to spell it.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:14 PM

6,841 posts, read 6,878,469 times
Quote:
Why does the USA allow an American citizen born in the USA to join a foreign countries army.These people then come back to the USA to live
Quote:
You born in the USA you should not be allowed to join a foreign army.You want to join a foreign army whats wrong with the USA army?
Because in 1967, the US Supreme Court upheld a persons right to serve in a non declared enemy's military and not risk a fine, imprisonment or revocation of citizenship.

The history of why this is allowed is long and colorful. You have to remember that we (the USA) often will establish foreign military units within foreign military branches primarily stocked with Americans to do the deeds we want done. There is no way our government can be allowed to do it for their own purposes and not allow her own citizens to do it for their own purposes. Or, to put it more simply, the USA wants and needs it's citizens to be legally able to serve in foreign military.

There is nothing Un-American and certainly not Traitorous to serve in a foreign military so long as (according tot he law) it is not an enemy's military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues