U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 09:36 AM

872 posts, read 1,499,571 times

Advertisements

Why does the USA allow an American citizen born in the USA to join a foreign countries army.These people then come back to the USA to live
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 10:06 AM

9,641 posts, read 9,382,744 times
We allow non-US citizens to join the US military, but you do not think it should be allowed for US citizens to join other another military? Do you not find that a bit hypocritical?

Anyway, worth the read: https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...y-service.html

Old 02-28-2017, 10:32 AM

You born in the USA you should not be allowed to join a foreign army.You want to join a foreign army whats wrong with the USA army?

Old 02-28-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej64 View Post
You born in the USA you should not be allowed to join a foreign army.You want to join a foreign army whats wrong with the USA army?
Again, the US allows non-citizens to join the military; do you not find it hypocritical that the US would not allow its citizens to join another military?

Hell, I remember all not that long ago the Australian Navy had a deal for getting US Navy veterans who served on submarines with specific skills to come down and join.

Are you going to list out why this is some issue or something?

What is wrong with the US military? Nothing in my opinion, but others may have other thoughts. For example, some militaries are not nearly as strict as the US, and even allow things like the guys to have long hair and not shave. Others have a mandatory obligation regardless of being a US citizen. Some may not have been qualified for the US military, but want to serve anyway. Others may just have this feeling of obligation to ethnicity/nation to serve despite citizenship. Yet others, just for the thrill of it.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:15 AM

Next time you see a soldier run this by him. I have and they agree with me any american who rather fight for another country than the USA is a scumbag

Old 02-28-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Next time you see a soldier run this by him. I have and they agree with me any american who rather fight for another country than the USA is a scumbag
Lol, I did 12 years in the military...

I see you failed to address any point I made or questions I asked.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:42 AM

Did I ask you if you were in the military?I have a muslim friend who was refused by the US Airforce to become a pilot.He busted out and got his license to fly and was a well known in NYC PD

Old 02-28-2017, 11:45 AM

10,641 posts, read 4,693,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Lol, I did 12 years in the military...

I see you failed to address any point I made or questions I asked.

Agree. I have known two pilots who did just that, served with USAF, then separated and flew for BAE or Kuwaiti AF as contract or "mercenary" pilots, then came back with a pocketful of tax-free dollars. Scumbags? No way. I was recruited by the Kuwaiti Air Force when I was at Ahmed Al Jaber Air Base in the 90s, as were all USAF, RCAF and RAF fighter pilots. It was tempting.

There were many Jewish Americans who left the US to fight for the IDF (Israeli Defense Force). Many of them came back to the US to help teach American military strategists the lessons learned in combat. Scumbags?

Old 02-28-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Did I ask you if you were in the military?I have a muslim friend who was refused by the US Airforce to become a pilot.He busted out and got his license to fly and was a well known in NYC PD
You did not ask, but you stated "Next time you see a soldier run this by him."

What in the hell does your Muslim friend have to do with the subject?

This is obviously just a troll thread.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:59 AM

did you run this by a soldier ?I did and this is what he said you have to be a scum bag to fight for another country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues