U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 12:18 PM

2,873 posts, read 8,296,474 times

Advertisements

Also consider open electronic if you have at least an E67 on the ASVAB. The jobs can be a little more technically advanced and may be aligned with your interested.

YES, you can retrain into intel or linguist later, provided the AF has openings. They generally do have openings in those higher ranks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 12:24 PM

10,451 posts, read 10,322,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
That will be a problem!

Truth is, I think most investigators today are more suspicious of a person who said they never versus they did. All you can do is come clean when asked and hope for the best. Under so circumstances do you continue the lie.
Yes, I stated "never" and they obviously seemed they did not believe me given the multiple questions about this. But it was the truth, so I stated as such. It does seem odd they they really think everyone has "experimented" or something, when in fact many people never have and have no desire.

I know a guy who did not pass his FBI poly due to this, it showed deception though personally knowing him, he has never engaged in drug use, not even in high school.

Old 03-25-2017, 08:52 PM

15 posts, read 5,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
Also consider open electronic if you have at least an E67 on the ASVAB. The jobs can be a little more technically advanced and may be aligned with your interested.

YES, you can retrain into intel or linguist later, provided the AF has openings. They generally do have openings in those higher ranks.
Thank you so much, in open mech there are a few jobs that sound like something i wouldnt like, such as heating and ac andddd construction equip maintenance. I WANT AVIATION STRUCTURE MAINTENANCE SO BADLY, what are the chances ill get those two that i wouldnt want? I know i dont know anything about these jobs anyways or what they are like but just something ive been thinking.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:23 PM

There is a decent chance of each of those! We especially need aviation and aircraft mechanics of any kind... way more than we need heating or construction, but a lot of people don't want HVAC or CE, so you have a shot.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:32 PM

Quote:
There is a decent chance of each of those! We especially need aviation and aircraft mechanics of any kind... way more than we need heating or construction, but a lot of people don't want HVAC or CE, so you have a shot.
Ok well im probably going to do open mech, im seeing my recruiter again monday so hopefully everything goes alright. Thanks again.

Old 03-26-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
I'm not mechanically inclined so should I start getting familiar with it, like working on my car and getting familiar with tools ?? I'm going to assume it's going to be a yes lol

Old 03-26-2017, 11:33 AM

Don't worry, they'll teach you everything. You don't have to have any pre-knowledge

Old 03-26-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Don't worry, they'll teach you everything. You don't have to have any pre-knowledge
Ok and should i even try for an intel contract? sounds like it's pretty rare, i got a 71 on my asvab wich is an ok score i guess right?

Old 03-26-2017, 02:06 PM

It's a good score. List intel, and M44 and see what happens!

Old 03-26-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
It's a good score. List intel, and M44 and see what happens!
Will do! thanks for all the help ill let you know how it goes. and at meps when i list all the jobs will they tell me only 1? like will there by multiple contracts to choose from or just 1? not sure how it works yet haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues