U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:54 AM

266 posts, read 139,541 times

Advertisements

I still have one of my pamphlets that touted the many benefits of military service. One of the bullets is "Free Medical Care for you and your family for life" for retirees. While the medical care I get is most of the time costs far less and is better (We've had several instances of worse... much worse in a couple cases but better for the most part) than what is available in the private sector, every couple of years a premium raise and a process that lessens the care available comes along.

It pains me to see Congressmen that have never served (and even worse when 3 and 4 star Generals) speak about how we can't afford the health care of our Veterans, as if starting two wars for 20+ years wasn't going to injure anyone or increase the number of people requiring care.

We are paying for our current wars and upgrading the force by denying care to our Veterans.

And now they just figured out a way to screw more people out of retired pay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues