U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-29-2017, 10:35 PM
 
282 posts, read 220,907 times
Reputation: 367

Advertisements

Depends on the command.....needs of the command take precedence....when short bodies they are short bodies

 
Old 04-30-2017, 12:16 AM
 
Location: Middle America
33,007 posts, read 34,691,455 times
Reputation: 42433
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillionmt View Post
He was suppose to come home on annual leave early May, and just informed us all leaves have been put on hold (but not cancelled). He had no further (or was perhaps unable to) information on this. Of course our concern is what is happening in Korea (he is Pacific command).

Anyone else heard of this move to postpone leaves? His ticket was booked and paid for, does anyone know if the military will reimburse or if the airlines do?
My husband's unit is part of PACOM, and there is A LOT that is on hold right now...and not just leave. Trainings, orders, you name it. A lot of it is budgetary. We are waiting on orders that are now in danger of being postponed and overlapping with our child's birth, because of the hold status. It is what it is.

So, yes, it's very likely that his leave is on hold, less likely that he's lying to you so he can shack up with somebody, or whatever else others are suggesting.
 
Old 04-30-2017, 07:31 AM
 
4,316 posts, read 1,583,762 times
Reputation: 7490
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
My husband's unit is part of PACOM, and there is A LOT that is on hold right now...and not just leave. Trainings, orders, you name it. A lot of it is budgetary. We are waiting on orders that are now in danger of being postponed and overlapping with our child's birth, because of the hold status. It is what it is.

So, yes, it's very likely that his leave is on hold, less likely that he's lying to you so he can shack up with somebody, or whatever else others are suggesting.


......"a lot of it is budgetary"...


Why would "budgetary" issues affect granting servicemen leave ?


Amazing that during the Vietnam War no one in our Naval Air squadron had trouble getting leave as long as you had it on the books earned.
 
Old 04-30-2017, 08:55 AM
 
Location: Amelia Island
2,311 posts, read 3,298,526 times
Reputation: 1948
My apologies if I offend someone..........but should this be on social media?
 
Old 04-30-2017, 08:56 AM
 
4,300 posts, read 3,193,046 times
Reputation: 7828
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
My apologies if I offend someone..........but should this be on social media?
Thank you!
 
Old 04-30-2017, 09:15 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ > Raleigh, NC
13,060 posts, read 15,190,905 times
Reputation: 19422
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
My apologies if I offend someone..........but should this be on social media?
The PACOM twitter feed is pretty interesting. . . https://mobile.twitter.com/pacificcommand?lang=en

Sorry about the cancelled leave, OP.
 
Old 04-30-2017, 09:16 AM
 
8,958 posts, read 2,113,222 times
Reputation: 3137
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillionmt View Post
Central Command or Pacific? Step son is in the Pacific.

I assume ,Central Command.
 
Old 04-30-2017, 09:18 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ > Raleigh, NC
13,060 posts, read 15,190,905 times
Reputation: 19422
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
......"a lot of it is budgetary"...


Why would "budgetary" issues affect granting servicemen leave ?


Amazing that during the Vietnam War no one in our Naval Air squadron had trouble getting leave as long as you had it on the books earned.
Umm, maybe because the US had enough active duty personnel because theyes were drafting people in those days?

(And I thought your prior story in this thread was rather insensitive. Maybe even tasteless.)
 
Old 04-30-2017, 09:23 AM
 
Location: Amelia Island
2,311 posts, read 3,298,526 times
Reputation: 1948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
The PACOM twitter feed is pretty interesting. . . https://mobile.twitter.com/pacificcommand?lang=en

Sorry about the cancelled leave, OP.
I am old school before social media and I understand that information is readily available.

Us dinosaurs are still living in the past
 
Old 04-30-2017, 09:37 AM
 
2,091 posts, read 846,303 times
Reputation: 5562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Umm, maybe because the US had enough active duty personnel because theyes were drafting people in those days?

(And I thought your prior story in this thread was rather insensitive. Maybe even tasteless.)
That story was tasteless? Lol. Havent ventured far from CD on the big internet have you? I'm going to guess you're not young. His story was tame BY FAR, a landslide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top