U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2017, 07:31 PM

1 posts, read 294 times

Advertisements

Hello I'm currently in my process to join the USAF and I have made it all the way through MEPS and completed 3 consults. My recruiter tells me that I was DQ'd based off of my psychological consult. He told me it was sent to the Surgeon General. I asked my recruiter if he knew how long or what that meant. He says this is the first time he has had a waiver go to the surgeon general. I was wondering if a cps case would cause them to DQ me even though the case was closed and it was a false accusation. Please let me know if you know anything or have any advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2017, 02:18 PM

28,042 posts, read 44,112,336 times
I wish you luck

I served for 6 years and got out, then 4 years later I went back in. The second time I needed some waivers for stuff I had done during my first enlistment. So I know the apprehension you go through when applying for a waiver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelsmom27 View Post
Hello I'm currently in my process to join the USAF and I have made it all the way through MEPS and completed 3 consults. My recruiter tells me that I was DQ'd based off of my psychological consult. ...
Without knowing what notes were written in your file during the 'psychological consult' it is hard to guess what you can do.

Quote:
... He told me it was sent to the Surgeon General. I asked my recruiter if he knew how long or what that meant. He says this is the first time he has had a waiver go to the surgeon general. I was wondering if a cps case would cause them to DQ me even though the case was closed and it was a false accusation. Please let me know if you know anything or have any advice.
Generally, I think that if a CPS complaint was made against you, so long as it never advanced to the point of being adjudicated, your 'safe'.

I was a foster-parent in 2 different states and I adopted a child. I also sought help through a foster-parent support group, what I learned is that a lot of CPS investigations are made on false accusations, that never make it to adjudication. But they still compile a lot of government records on you. During any background investigation, agents need to read through all of that dirty laundry, each time, looking for patterns. Just don't give them any patterns.

If you get called in for a 'SSBI interview' you may want to ask for a copy of those records, for your own study. You may be asked to write a statement addressing each accusation, so it would help you to know what the accusations consist of.

Every 4 years they had to re-do my SSBI, so I was re-interviewed a bunch of times. It is good for your statements to remain consistent each time.

Old 05-21-2017, 04:05 PM

2,870 posts, read 8,291,655 times
I'm so sorry, I can't really help without more information. A psychological consult can be needed for SOOO many different things it's not possible for me know if you have a shot. If it was for past suicide attempts, you probably have no shot. If it was for too many traffic tickets you probably have a shot, as the consults can be for things that minor.

I'm not sure if the CPS case was against you as a parent, or to protect you when you were a child? Without more info, I can't say. Were there criminal charges against you, or where you raped by a parent and have PTSD?

Sorry, not enough info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues