Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2017, 07:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,019 times

Advertisements

I dont know if any other wifes have been through this or not so I need help?
I have been in Alaska almost a year at fort richardson. I told the doctors what medicine i was on for depression and anxiety. The reason of being on this medicine was I was in a abusive relationship and a bad enviroment so I took them to keep myself from going back and getting over it. Months past I met my husband who we are now married live here in a house its amazing. I took these medicines to deal with the past. Now that I am here and everything is great I took myself off of the medicine because it made me zombified and not myself. Its been almost a year I have been off the medicine. I try to explain this to the doctors here but they dont really have comman sense? lol. So my husband got orders for hawaii, and they are saying I cant go because of the efmp. I go monday to see a diffrent doctor to talk about getting off of it. Since im not taking medication anymore and have not seen a therapist why should I still be on it and it stop me from going with my husband. I could understand if i was still on the medicine not doing all that great and needed to see a therapist. But i havent since i gotten here. How can i get off the efmp list? thanks guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 04:11 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,346,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alana Coon View Post
I dont know if any other wifes have been through this or not so I need help?
I have been in Alaska almost a year at fort richardson. I told the doctors what medicine i was on for depression and anxiety. The reason of being on this medicine was I was in a abusive relationship and a bad enviroment so I took them to keep myself from going back and getting over it. Months past I met my husband who we are now married live here in a house its amazing. I took these medicines to deal with the past. Now that I am here and everything is great I took myself off of the medicine because it made me zombified and not myself. Its been almost a year I have been off the medicine. I try to explain this to the doctors here but they dont really have comman sense? lol. So my husband got orders for hawaii, and they are saying I cant go because of the efmp. I go monday to see a diffrent doctor to talk about getting off of it. Since im not taking medication anymore and have not seen a therapist why should I still be on it and it stop me from going with my husband. I could understand if i was still on the medicine not doing all that great and needed to see a therapist. But i havent since i gotten here. How can i get off the efmp list? thanks guys!
You may not be able to get off the EFMP list yet yet. Being on EFMP is a judgement, by a medical professional, that you have some type of unusual medical or psychological need.

Right now you are self diagnosing, but you have a different opinion than your doctor that you actually need the treatment. I don't know that disagreement shows a lack of common sense on the doctor's part. They may know something you don't? Maybe the second one will agree with you.

That being said-I spent a huge amount of time in Hawaii, and I find it pretty hard to believe there is not a facility there available to treat you. Are you sure you 'can't' go, or the process for EFMP just hasn't finished? EFMP clearance for PCS does take time, it's not always quick.

Old 05-21-2017, 06:00 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,122,972 times
I was EFMP and when we got orders for Hawaii (my home) we had our ducks in a row. My medical needs were far, far more involved than yours, so it is possible.

We had to get permission for the CO of Tripler, formally stating that they had the capability and space for me as a patient. I also had to have a Dr. accept me to his team.

I was told that things were easier since I had a entire family in Hawaii ready to help in my home (a built in support system, leaving my DH free to concentrate on his job).

I have never heard of anyone leaving the program voluntarily; have you contacted your office for advice? Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues