Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 05:50 PM

421 posts, read 288,038 times

Advertisements

Not that I need to tell people here in this thread but I want to Thank everyone who has served this country to make my life and the lives of my family better.I want the families of the Military that has fallen during battle or in defense of this country that your loved ones sacrifice was not in vain and is recognised and cherished as are the sacrifices of the fallen loved ones.All of you are not forgotten.Thank You and God Bless you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 12:05 PM

37,467 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Some gave all, we all gave some.

Memorial Day is about those who gave us their all.
It is not about those of us who only gave some.

I only gave 20 years, I am still here to raise a glass in memory of those who gave their all.

Old 05-27-2017, 12:48 PM

923 posts, read 1,429,961 times
Memorial day is not just a holiday, but it honors the men and women who died while serving in the U.S military. Memorial day is for remembering those people who died while serving the country’s armed forces. Don't use the term "Happy memorial Day", there's nothing happy about it.

https://happymemorialday2017.com/what-is-memorial-day/

Old 05-27-2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitem3 View Post
Memorial day is not just a holiday, but it honors the men and women who died while serving in the U.S military. Memorial day is for remembering those people who died while serving the country’s armed forces. Don't use the term "Happy memorial Day", there's nothing happy about it.

I think you can tell from my post I respect all the military and the sacrifices they and their family members have made and are making such as my own children.The day is a somber day no question but it doesn't mean it can't be a happy day either.I still wish my children and grand children a Happy Memorial Day.

Old 05-27-2017, 06:38 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,149 times
Quote:

Well said.

Old 05-28-2017, 10:58 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
To remember is to honor. As on every Memorial day, I will turn my thoughts to those who have given everything.

Old 05-28-2017, 03:06 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,281,784 times
Quote:

THIS!

It is really a pet peeve of mine when people say "Happy Memorial Day." How can you be happy honoring men & women who died-many needlessly.

In honor of those who didn't return home:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0djnEffqkI

Oh, in case people are not aware, I am a vet.

Cat

Old 05-28-2017, 03:30 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,695,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Some gave all, we all gave some.

Memorial Day is about those who gave us their all.
It is not about those of us who only gave some.

I only gave 20 years, I am still here to raise a glass in memory of those who gave their all.
I look at Memorial Day primarily to honor those who died in combat.

However it can also honor those like yourself for the 20 years you served. You chose lower pay and poor living conditions to protect the rest of us.

Also all of us draftees who ended up in the service for two years with some in combat. Today's youth could not fathom giving up two years to a military service via the draft.

One thing is for certain. Veterans respect veterans.

Old 05-28-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
THIS!

It is really a pet peeve of mine when people say "Happy Memorial Day." How can you be happy honoring men & women who died-many needlessly.

In honor of those who didn't return home

Oh, in case people are not aware, I am a vet.

Cat

Thank you for your service.

Old 05-28-2017, 03:48 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,149 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues