U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 08:27 AM

6,272 posts, read 4,781,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
OP, you really need to evaluate if the military is right for you. All these posts with all the trouble you're having with the enlistment process doesn't leave me to believe you're the military type. For the most part, in the military you're expected to be somewhat capable of taking care of yourself without excessive hand holding. If you can't make it through the enlistment process without all these issues you're going to have a hard time once you're in with hundreds and thousands of people and lost in the shuffle.
Well said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 12:09 PM

251 posts, read 97,333 times
Honestly I don't see a problem with it at all. I had a guy in my platoon who had to switch shirts at lunch time due to excessive sweating on a normal day. So no it is not an issue just be sure to drink water, water, water.

Do not get discouraged by some people who want to put you down, just keep pushing forward.

Old 06-16-2017, 04:39 AM

3,585 posts, read 3,304,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfx1024 View Post
Honestly I don't see a problem with it at all. I had a guy in my platoon who had to switch shirts at lunch time due to excessive sweating on a normal day. So no it is not an issue just be sure to drink water, water, water.

Do not get discouraged by some people who want to put you down, just keep pushing forward.
That is so true. It gets exponentially worse while deployed to the Middle East. In Iraq we routinely reached temperatures of 130+ everyday. That translates to easily 145 to 150 if you travel the blacktop often. Yeah okay it is a dry heat. Pooey it is so hot you cannot help but sweat. It is the body's natural air conditioning.

Old 06-16-2017, 06:32 PM

32 posts, read 8,114 times
I was searching the net out of curiosity, and stumbled upon this forum. I told myself it would be good to hear opinions of like minded individuals. However, it was a complete waste of my time. In the end my mind was made up despite what others said to bring me down. At this time I would like to thank everyone that have been on this roller coaster ride, and to let you know I made it. I am a proud to say I'm apart of the US Army. Although I had a bad recruiter he also inspired me to go see yet another Army recruiter. For the ones that only had negative views, all I have to say is, thanks you inspire me. I won't be posting to this blog anymore, for there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Peace

Old 06-16-2017, 06:35 PM

32 posts, read 8,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfx1024 View Post

I appreciate your kinds words and just an update I decided to join the Army. I'll definitely remember to drink lots of water.

Old 06-16-2017, 06:38 PM

4,229 posts, read 6,616,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost and Confused View Post
I was searching the net out of curiosity, and stumbled upon this forum. I told myself it would be good to hear opinions of like minded individuals. However, it was a complete waste of my time. In the end my mind was made up despite what others said to bring me down. At this time I would like to thank everyone that have been on this roller coaster ride, and to let you know I made it. I am a proud to say I'm apart of the US Army. Although I had a bad recruiter he also inspired me to go see yet another Army recruiter. For the ones that only had negative views, all I have to say is, thanks you inspire me. I won't be posting to this blog anymore, for there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Peace
If you're referring to me I was attempting to help you understand that the military is just like you've been experiencing during the enlistment process which was frustrating you so much. I wasn't being negative, I was hoping to shed some light on the situation for you.

Anyway, congrats on making it through the enlistment process. It looks like some of the "negative" posts taught you something as you were able to make it through the process without getting yourself disqualified.

Old 06-17-2017, 07:46 AM

194 posts, read 80,830 times
Quote:
People in this forum come from all walks of life, they post their comments based on their own personal life experience. Just because it is advice that you don't agree with or don't want to hear, doesn't make those comments "negative".

Old 06-17-2017, 08:13 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,737,378 times
Quote:
If you are looking for a discussion board of 'like minded individuals', you've defined a hug box.

C/D isn't a hug box.

Regardless, good luck in the Army. Right time, right place, right uniform, and do your best at every task even if you hate it, and you'll go far.

Old 06-19-2017, 11:58 AM

7,527 posts, read 5,274,372 times
As an old vet (1962 - 71), I gotta say I sure admire these young people who work hard to get in. Back in "The Day" we had no choice; we were all going in and we were all staying in unless there was some specific reason to be discharged.

Oh, and in 1964, when I had finished one year of schooling, I was paid $52 every two weeks.
Things are a lot better these days.
Thanks to every one of you.

Old 06-21-2017, 03:02 PM

9,125 posts, read 15,991,357 times
Congrads to the op.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues