U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 12:55 PM

611 posts, read 637,315 times

Advertisements

Well my late father was in the US Airforce.3 Army Air Corps and 30 US Airforce, 1942-1975. He's buried at Fort Sam Houston and it lists WW2, Korea and Viet Nam. He definetly was a combat vet for the first one, and was at Chanute Field in the 50s till he got sent to Buffalo,Ny and was at Kelly AFB, Elemendorf AFB, and at NSA at Fort George Meade, when all the VietNam protests were going on. I guess he just considered himself a vetran period, .

Old 08-02-2017, 11:25 AM

3,166 posts, read 1,830,058 times
If we were all in a room, not behind keyboards, we/I can explain my thoughts better.
Yes getting shot at is combat. We get that.
There are a million scenario driven situations that are definite combat.
But, there are veterans that have compensated disabilities that are service connected. Some are 100 disability.
We will never agree to disagree on combat vs non combat. But, if you have the CAB, CIB or CAR, your ranch of service put you in that category.
I am a retired Submariner. We have a history, 99 %, WW2 of combat. But, almost all of our operations are highly classified, so we dont get anything more than the priveledge of serving on boats and a silence of what we do.

Old 08-02-2017, 02:55 PM

22,880 posts, read 34,695,070 times
This thread has been closed by me.

Sometimes there comes a point where bickering, name calling, trolling, foul language, off topic comments, degenerate the discussion to a point where closing it is the lesser of two evils...

From the Terms of Service (TOS) http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html which you all agreed to when you joined:

I bolded the salient points.

"Discussing Moderator Actions (deleting/moving/editing threads or posts) is not allowed in the public forums. General concerns should be addressed in About the Forum. Any particular issues will only be dealt with in Direct Messages sent to a local moderator. All complaints should be sent via DM to the senior moderators, Yac or Marka."

I have answered every legitimate Direct Message which has ever been sent to me on this site... There may be some questions I can not answer. There may be some questions I am not allowed to answer. I will not play word games, grab-ass, touch and goes, etc, etc, etc...

Thank you in advance

Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues