Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 10:54 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,324,862 times

Advertisements

I'm a recruiting supervisor. I'm telling you that you can get a waiver based on what you have said here. Try some other recruiters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 11:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
My Plan is to talk to a recruiter on Monday. And it was all completed and that's the only thing on my record. I'll share what they tell me on Monday!
yes, do talk to them tomorrow and get back to us. Good luck, the navy is a wonderful branch of the arm forces. Good luck and thank you for wanting to serve our country.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:36 PM
Exo Exo started this thread

10 posts, read 9,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Sounds like you are providing recruiters with untrue statements. Yes, you can try a find someone in the Air Force that has connections to recruiters, good luck with that. You appear to be wasting some recruiters time, that's why they are brushing you off.

I do not think we are getting the entire true story here...
This is exactly how it went from beginning of arrest. Got arrested for petty theft, did a diversion program to drop my charges, completed the program and became eligible to get my record expunged (which I did). Fast forward a year and 2 months later. I want to enlist in the AF after considering my options with college and knowing I would have to wait a year to enlist. I called them and they asked me the questions to see if I qualify. One question was if I have ever been arrested. I answered trufully and said yes. They asked me the charge and when it happened. I answer that. They then tell me they will call me back to continue. I never get a call. I call the next morning and they said I don’t meet the qualifications relating to my arrest and to shop around at the army and hung up. I called another recruiter in the area. An airman answers and asks me the same qualification questions. Same thing as before when answering the question. The airman says he’ll have the recruiter get back to me. The recruiter calls me back and says the same thing. He did add more detail and said it didn’t matter and I couldn’t join because it happened after I was 13. And then he tells me good luck and hung up. That’s how it all went. That’s the entire story. Nothing changed. I guess it is less choppy.

Old 07-10-2017, 02:40 PM

Update:
The AF recruiters called me today due to me filling out the questions on the website and I told them I called last week and they denied me but I would like to request a waiver. The airman simply stated “okay I will put that in and we should call you back soon.” I then called the Navy recruiter. Not once did he mention if I have ever been arrested in the prequalification questions but I still disclosed it to him and I said it was waiverable and he made an appointment with me for next Monday. I’ll take this week to talk to the AF and try to get in with them. If not then it seems like the Navy is willing to take me.

Old 07-15-2017, 09:06 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,975 times
Give it a shot but be honest and tell them everything because they will find out. You might not be able to go into some fields but you have nothing to lose by asking.

Good luck!

Old 07-16-2017, 05:11 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,218,212 times
Quote:
Update:
The AF recruiters called me today due to me filling out the questions on the website and I told them I called last week and they denied me but I would like to request a waiver. The airman simply stated “okay I will put that in and we should call you back soon.” I then called the Navy recruiter. Not once did he mention if I have ever been arrested in the prequalification questions but I still disclosed it to him and I said it was waiverable and he made an appointment with me for next Monday. I’ll take this week to talk to the AF and try to get in with them. If not then it seems like the Navy is willing to take me.
The AF can't/won't put in a waiver if they have never met with you. You have paperwork that needs to be signed, documents to gather, etc.

They are blowing you off and don't want to waste their time. Move on and see if the Navy can assist you.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:51 PM

Update: I did a walk-in to the Air Force after I met with the Navy. Spoke with the recruiter and now we are doing paperwork for the waiver so I can Join the Air Force! Taking my ASVAB soon and scored a 60 on the practice ASVAB. I do know I will be more limited in jobs but it is worth it!

Old 07-24-2017, 06:48 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,747,211 times
Quote:
Update: I did a walk-in to the Air Force after I met with the Navy. Spoke with the recruiter and now we are doing paperwork for the waiver so I can Join the Air Force! Taking my ASVAB soon and scored a 60 on the practice ASVAB. I do know I will be more limited in jobs but it is worth it!
There is nothing wrong with the Air Force... I spent about five years (in the Army) stationed at two Air Force Bases.

Good luck to you.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:20 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,218,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
There is nothing wrong with the Air Force... I spent about five years (in the Army) stationed at two Air Force Bases.

Good luck to you.
Come on, let's be truthful...anyone that is served in the military knows there are many things wrong with the Air Force.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:29 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,747,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Come on, let's be truthful...anyone that is served in the military knows there are many things wrong with the Air Force.
My two kids were born at an Air Force Base. The cost was $5.25 for each child...

My two assignments at an Air Force Base were overall pretty good. There were a lot of nasty places the Army could have sent me... And they did. But there are differences between the services. I was glad I was Army.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues