U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2017, 07:30 PM

659 posts, read 295,712 times

Advertisements

From my American Legion Post Commander,

"Marion True, one of our World War II veterans, will be celebrating her 100th birthday on September 7. I would like every member to send her a birthday card to make that day really special to thank her for her service and for her continued membership in The American Legion. More importantly, to let her know that we are thinking of her. I will be asking our new National Commander, Denise Rohan, to send her an autographed photo celebrating her birthday. She now lives in an Assistant Living Home in Springfield, Missouri. Her address is:"

Marion True
1707 West Elfindale Street, #203
Springfield, MO 65807

Anyone here who would like to honor a 100 year old female veteran, here is your chance! I sent my card the other day...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 03:54 AM

659 posts, read 295,712 times
From the Commander, American Legion Post 24:

Many thanks to those who sent a Happy 100th Birthday card to Marion True. Her sister called me and said that she has received almost 300 cards! Prior to her birthday, I reached out to our National Headquarters and requested that National Commander Denise Rohan send her an autographed photo. Not only did they send a photograph, but also a certification, National Commander's hat pin, a National Commander's coin and an ink pen. Since Marion lives in an assisted living home in Missouri, I reached out to the Department of Missouri and asked for their assistance in having a Legionnaire go to her residence and present the gives that National had sent. The Missouri 17th District Commander, the District Chaplain, and 8 members of Post 1214 (an all female post in Missouri) visited Marion on her birthday. They also presented her with a Missouri Legion coin and the members of Post 1214 presented her with a lap blanket that they made. I also had a local bakery make her a birthday cake and a florist send her flowers. Her sister said she was overwhelmed that so many Legionnaires took the time to wish her happy birthday. Again, thank you to everyone who participated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues