U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 03:44 PM

6,566 posts, read 4,686,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
His commander can jerk him around unofficially a bit, and that happens a lot with JOs who are basically smart but need a minor quiet application of KITA (Kick In The Azz) management to set them straight. Most get the message and fly straight thereafter for the rest of their careers.

But with officers, KITA either works the first time or they do something more foolish (something that everyone finds out about) the next time and the next step is official discipline.

The problem is that officially disciplining an officer is automatically a career killer. The least official discipline they can give him is Non-Judicial Punishment (Article 15), and unless we're in dire need of officers in a war we're losing, he's not going to recover from that bad ink.

As they say in the military, "We can fix almost anything, but we can't fix 'stupid.'" The thing in this case is that his first stupid act was to wear and be pictured in his cadet uniform with a political tee under it.

What we're reacting to now is his second stupid act...making that public.

So you're saying that with this officer, he's already crossed the threshold when his CO can just privately do KITA management to set him straight - and now he has to be officially disciplined because he came out in public with his stupid stuff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 05:40 PM

15,402 posts, read 7,804,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
So you're saying that with this officer, he's already crossed the threshold when his CO can just privately do KITA management to set him straight - and now he has to be officially disciplined because he came out in public with his stupid stuff?
Depends. This will be a matter of command discretion. His commander may or may not get "guidance" from senior levels, but ultimately it will be his commander who decides whether to hand the matter in some way "within the unit" (which includes Non-Judicial Punishment--Article 15) or remand him to court-martial.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:49 PM

4,681 posts, read 2,259,487 times
I do wonder that since he probably won't get a platoon if the 10th Mountain will take his Ranger School spot?

Old 10-03-2017, 01:25 AM

206 posts, read 116,060 times
Man!! I'm glad I'm retired since I have a gut feeling this waste of an individual will be allowed to stay in the Army... As an officer... And lead our young soldiers in some type of leadership role. If the Army was smart, they would keep him away from everybody.

This idiot is simply an embarrassment, not only to the Army, but to the entire U.S. military.

I can't believe that the Army even allowed him to attend the Ranger course AFTER this. I'm now wondering if he is still in this training? I just hope that the leadership at Ft. Benning will put a stop to this and place him on "admin hold" till somebody with the proper authority, can bounce him out of the Army and not allow him to serve in either the Reserve or Guard, as an officer or as an enlisted soldier.

I know it's not illegal to be a communist or a socailist anymore in the military, but being "openly" a communist, would that prevent him from getting/keeping a security clearance? I hope so.

Since he is now an officer and a Westpoint "ring knocker," I'm pretty that if he says he's now sorry, all will be forgiven. "I" simply don't understand why he hasn't been "nuked" at this point for being a communist and a person with very poor judgement.

The only person I feel sorry for in this situation is his Platoon Sergeant since he is the one who is going to have to deal with this idiot and all his stupid sh*t and drama when he gets to Ft. Drum.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:55 AM

11,552 posts, read 6,079,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
I do wonder that since he probably won't get a platoon if the 10th Mountain will take his Ranger School spot?
He's already in Ranger school.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:10 AM

18,483 posts, read 22,786,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
He's already in Ranger school.
10th Mountain is not Ranger school, it's THE Rangers. He already finished Ranger School, either before West Point or just after graduation.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:25 AM

11,552 posts, read 6,079,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
10th Mountain is not Ranger school, it's THE Rangers. He already finished Ranger School, either before West Point or just after graduation.
I didn't say 10th Mountain was Ranger school, where did I ever state as such. I said previously that he is in the 10th and going to Ranger school according to one article.

By the way, the 10th Mountain Division is a light infantry division and NOT the Ranger Regiment which you seem to imply. I'm sure there are plenty of Ranger qualified soldiers in 10th Mountain but the two are completely separate in both mission scope and organization (Ranger Regiment actually falls under Special Operations Command which signifies their elite status among all US Army light infantry units).

Old 10-03-2017, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I didn't say 10th Mountain was Ranger school, where did I ever state as such. I said previously that he is in the 10th and going to Ranger school according to one article.

By the way, the 10th Mountain Division is a light infantry division and NOT the Ranger Regiment which you seem to imply. I'm sure there are plenty of Ranger qualified soldiers in 10th Mountain but the two are completely separate in both mission scope and organization (Ranger Regiment actually falls under Special Operations Command which signifies their elite status among all US Army light infantry units).
True, just about all leaders in the Light Infantry Divisions and Airborne get sent to Ranger School. But all units have limited spots to send soldiers as the Airborne and Light Infantry has that priority

Old 10-03-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If he was a Private in the Ranger Battalion before being selected for West Point he may not have yet gone to Ranger School. He might have went during the summer while a Cadet but once commissioned his unit would have had to use one of their quota spots to send him. Which is the genesis of my question. So now the question becomes if the Army officially knew of his social media before he reported to Ranger School on his way to the 10th Mountain or not?

Old 10-03-2017, 10:15 AM

18,483 posts, read 22,786,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
If he was a Private in the Ranger Battalion before being selected for West Point he may not have yet gone to Ranger School. He might have went during the summer while a Cadet but once commissioned his unit would have had to use one of their quota spots to send him. Which is the genesis of my question. So now the question becomes if the Army officially knew of his social media before he reported to Ranger School on his way to the 10th Mountain or not?
My bad. I was thinking of the Ranger Regiment. Just did not pay attention to what I was reading.

West Point cadets do not attend Ranger School, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues