U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 08:25 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,916,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampaite View Post
11/21/2017 - New update:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/additional...opstories.html

I don't have to speculate but definitely he could have been tortured? I wonder what was in the casket now.

Why isn't there an independent investigation?
Lookie there....not all of his body was in the casket because it was a really bad situation. Goes perfectly with my comment I made earlier in this thread of:
Quote:
It is not a bully tactic to keep a coffin closed if the body is not in good condition at all. A friend of mine, her dad's coffin was closed because he was in a crash and they had to identify each piece of his and others bodies by DNA. Those pieces they could not identify were put in a single coffin and buried in Arlington.
Quote:
of the entire story to begin with?
No one in the civilian world will ever hear the entire story. One, there are security clearances involved and you will only hear what is deemed to be unclassified.

Moderator cut: Off topic

Last edited by Oldhag1; Today at 05:25 PM..

Old 11-22-2017, 11:18 AM

2,458 posts, read 3,956,889 times
Quote:
11/21/2017 - New update:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/additional...opstories.html

I don't have to speculate but definitely he could have been tortured? I wonder what was in the casket now.

Why isn't there an independent investigation?
What do you expect an independent investigation to prove?

That hes dead and the body is messed up? I think you can take that on faith, dude.

Old 11-22-2017, 12:51 PM

67 posts, read 25,165 times
Quote:
of the entire story to begin with?

What story?

Old 11-22-2017, 01:13 PM

23,041 posts, read 35,387,609 times
Updated Articles:

Niger ambush: Timeline of attack that killed 4 US soldiers
By Madison Park, CNN
Updated 11:06 PM ET, Tue October 24, 2017
Lawmakers demand answers in Niger ambush
Niger ambush: Timeline of attack that killed 4 US soldiers - CNNPolitics

US investigating reports from locals that slain soldier in Niger was found with hands tied
By Barbara Starr, CNN Pentagon Correspondent
Updated 12:29 PM ET, Mon November 13, 2017
US investigating reports from locals that slain soldier in Niger was found with hands tied - CNNPolitics

Old 11-23-2017, 08:01 PM

Location: NOT in the Land of lollipops & unicorns...I live in reality.
843 posts, read 714,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
There are some answers to our questions in the article below. The physical work done on the body starts about half way through the article.

"Inside the Return of America's Fallen at Dover Air Force Base"

Esquire Magazine

Dover Air Force Base Funeral Process - How Soldiers Return to Dover
I thank you for the post. It makes me want to do that work...not meant in ANY morbid way. I think people that deal with death & dying should DO that work. I was an ER RN and Paramedic x 40 yrs and often had to tell families their loved one had died and then stayed with them when they viewed their family member...for as long as they needed.
I had heard similar reports of how the remains were shipped but never read this specific article. I am glad that our Armed Forces go to those lengths to make certain our Military is respected and honored at such an important time.

Old Today, 08:33 AM

5,139 posts, read 1,592,998 times
Are Open Casket Funerals part of American culture, as in the UK they are virtually unheard of.

A British Expat's Take on US-Style Open Casket Funerals

Old Today, 08:37 AM

5,043 posts, read 3,603,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Are Open Casket Funerals part of American culture, as in the UK they are virtually unheard of.
Yes. Even at Jewish funerals. But the Rabbi can't enter the room until the casket is sealed.
Part of the funeral industry domination of the marketing of death grief is the effort to make the dead body look alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieUsAhwFQ5g

Old Today, 12:10 PM

5,139 posts, read 1,592,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post

Yes. Even at Jewish funerals. But the Rabbi can't enter the room until the casket is sealed.

Part of the funeral industry domination of the marketing of death grief is the effort to make the dead body look alive.
It's not something I have ever come across, and it's not normal practice in the UK.

Funerals are bad enough without seeing that.

All I expected from a funeral are a few nice hymns, some kind words from family, friends and a nicer service from the Clergy followed by a buffet and a few drinks afterwards.

Having to view the corpse is way to traumatic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues