U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM

528 posts, read 301,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
He could tell you Dmarie but then he'd have to kill you lol
Brilliant observation. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM

2,884 posts, read 8,310,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The recruiter told him that he did not need a waiver. The recruiter did not tell him to lie and conceal information like you suggested.

First of all, there is no such thing as a "sealed record," or an "expunged record" as far as the military is concerned. The recruiting services have access to law enforcement and FBI investigative records, which -- quite often will list arrests in these categories.

The recruiter did not tell him to lie, he/she only told him that he did not need a waiver. (read op again) "lie about the arrest" "you don't need a waiver" Huge difference between the two.

waiver is not needed if an arrest or questioning does not result in referral of charges, or if charges are dismissed without a conviction or other adverse disposition. Even if a waiver is not required, the arrest must be reported.

He (op) reported the arrest, recruiter felt the waiver was not needed, not sure why you came up the conclusion that Army is going to tell him to lie about it. The recruiter only told him "You don't need a waiver" nothing more.

THIS IS WHAT YOU'RE MISSING:

Please explain why the Air Force doing a waiver would cause the Army to have to do waiver? He didn't say the OP didn't need a waiver. He said the OP doesn't need a waiver, unless the Air Force does a waiver, then he will need one with the Army. The Air Force's actions change NOTHING about the rules in the Army or the need for the Army waiver. All the Air Force's actions do is expose the offense so it can't be hidden.

Please explain why the Air Force doing a waiver would cause the Army to also need a waiver.

Please explain why a medical waiver with the Air Force would cause the Army to have to do a medical waiver they didn't' otherwise need to do? They don't need a medical waiver in the Army unless the Air Force does a waiver? This is completely false, and it doesn't work this way, as I have already explained. If one branch needs a waiver, They all do. Period. He needs a waiver with the Army, unless he HIDES medical information. Period. Thee end. Literally that simple.

The recruiter hasn't told him to lie...yet. But, the recruiter is telling him that if he does a waiver with the Air Force, he'll need one with the Army. Explain that? What does the Air Force waiver have to do with the Army? This is the part that keys me in to the future plans to have him hid offenses. The ONLY way this part makes sense, is because the waiver with the Air Force exposes the offense. If he doesn't need a waiver with the Army because the arrest doesn't require one, then he doesn't need it regardless of what the Air Force does.

Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVREDLEG View Post
Just don't want to let it go, do you? You are missing the obvious answer. You jumped to the first conclusion based on your bias toward Army recruiters, not the OP. Keep thinking, and you will figure it out.
So your conclusion is that the OP made up the story or misunderstood one set of recruiters? Valid. That could be the case.

However, if this story is true, only one conclusion makes sense.

OP is gone anyway. He already made a decision.

I'm curious of the OP comes back, did he ever get to the point in which the Army recruiter explained to conceal information? OP? OP?

Old Yesterday, 06:08 PM

8,676 posts, read 5,920,384 times
I'm hesitant to say all branches are the same across the board. While serving as a Drug Test Program Administrator I learned the Army and Air Force rules differ regarding drug test failure.

Old Yesterday, 06:27 PM

28,891 posts, read 15,667,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
THIS IS WHAT YOU'RE MISSING:

Please explain why the Air Force doing a waiver would cause the Army to have to do waiver? He didn't say the OP didn't need a waiver. He said the OP doesn't need a waiver, unless the Air Force does a waiver, then he will need one with the Army. The Air Force's actions change NOTHING about the rules in the Army or the need for the Army waiver. All the Air Force's actions do is expose the offense so it can't be hidden.

Please explain why the Air Force doing a waiver would cause the Army to also need a waiver.

Please explain why a medical waiver with the Air Force would cause the Army to have to do a medical waiver they didn't' otherwise need to do? They don't need a medical waiver in the Army unless the Air Force does a waiver? This is completely false, and it doesn't work this way, as I have already explained. If one branch needs a waiver, They all do. Period. He needs a waiver with the Army, unless he HIDES medical information. Period. Thee end. Literally that simple.

The recruiter hasn't told him to lie...yet. But, the recruiter is telling him that if he does a waiver with the Air Force, he'll need one with the Army. Explain that? What does the Air Force waiver have to do with the Army? This is the part that keys me in to the future plans to have him hid offenses. The ONLY way this part makes sense, is because the waiver with the Air Force exposes the offense. If he doesn't need a waiver with the Army because the arrest doesn't require one, then he doesn't need it regardless of what the Air Force does.
I already explained that.

OP mentioned two waivers moral waivers and medical waiver.

Army recruiter did not tell him to LIE like YOU suggested, he/she said, "You do not need a MORAL waiver" That is about it.

Plus, all branches can see the MEPS results. The Department of Defense (DOD) sets the medical standards for people wishing to join the U.S. Military. These standards are the same for all the Military branches, including the Coast Guard. (The Department of Homeland Security has agreed to use the same standards to make MEPS processing easier.

https://www.thebalance.com/medical-waivers-3354037

Maybe this is what the Army recruiter was referring to and op misunderstood the recruiter's words. You shouldn't automatically assume that Army recruiter would want him to lie about the arrest because lying about an arrest is not necessary.

Bottom line, no one else besides the op was there; no one (not you or me) really knew the conversation between the Army recruiter and OP. What gives you the right to assume Army would tell op to lie?

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; Yesterday at 06:35 PM..

Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM

67 posts, read 23,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
I'm hesitant to say all branches are the same across the board.

They are not, which is what makes dmarie's long jump to conclusions even more amusing.

Old Yesterday, 11:22 PM

Quote:
I already explained that.

Army recruiter did not tell him to LIE like YOU suggested, he/she said, "You do not need a MORAL waiver" That is about it.
No, the OP said he was told by the Army that if he pursued a waiver with the Air Force it would cause him to need a waiver with the Army.

Explain that. I've asked multiple times and no one can.

OP also said that no medical waiver was needed for the Army, unless pursued with the Air Force, then it would magically become needed for the Army.

I'm still waiting for a explanation.

Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnfdc View Post
They are not, which is what makes dmarie's long jump to conclusions even more amusing.
Of course they aren't the same.

If the OP would have said he needed a waiver with the Air Force, and not with the Army, that would have made 100% perfect sense. But that's not what the OP said.

The OP said he was told by the Army that if he pursued a waiver with the Air Force it would cause him to need a waiver with the Army as well. Explain that. I've asked multiple times and no one can.

OP also said that no medical waiver was needed for the Army, unless pursued with the Air Force, then it would magically become needed for the Army as well. I'm still waiting for anyone to provide any way this could be possible other than the conclusion I drew.

Old Today, 12:31 AM

28,891 posts, read 15,667,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
No, the OP said he was told by the Army that if he pursued a waiver with the Air Force it would cause him to need a waiver with the Army.

Explain that. I've asked multiple times and no one can.

OP also said that no medical waiver was needed for the Army, unless pursued with the Air Force, then it would magically become needed for the Army.

I'm still waiting for a explanation.
well I have already explained that post 25

Old Today, 09:31 AM

Quote:
well I have already explained that post 25
No you haven't explained it. Your explanation was that the OP misunderstood. What if the OP is relaying the actual conversation? The only 2 explanations are 1. OP completely misunderstood or 2. Army is going to have him conceal information.

If the OP is relaying the conversation as it happened, concealment is the only way it makes sense.

I'm trying to imagine what the Army recruiter could have said that sounded like "You don't need a waiver unless you tell the Air Force" that caused this confusion?

You've asked me what gives me the right to think the Army would lie, well, it's because I believed the OP's story. You're assuming the OP can't understand a simple conversation. What gives you the right to jump to that conclusion?

I'm done with this thread unless the OP comes back. We're not going to agree with each other, and this is futile.

Good day to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues