U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:50 AM

28,891 posts, read 15,667,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
No you haven't explained it. Your explanation was that the OP misunderstood. What if the OP is relaying the actual conversation? The only 2 explanations are 1. OP completely misunderstood or 2. Army is going to have him conceal information.

If the OP is relaying the conversation as it happened, concealment is the only way it makes sense.

I'm trying to imagine what the Army recruiter could have said that sounded like "You don't need a waiver unless you tell the Air Force" that caused this confusion?

You've asked me what gives me the right to think the Army would lie, well, it's because I believed the OP's story. You're assuming the OP can't understand a simple conversation. What gives you the right to jump to that conclusion?

I'm done with this thread unless the OP comes back. We're not going to agree with each other, and this is futile.

Good day to you.
I did not jump to that conclusion. I said MAYBE. (There is a possibility that recruiter's words have been taken out of context, or there was a misunderstanding.) No where in my post have suggested op cannot understand a simple conversation.

You, however, in your first post, said

essentially the Army is going to tell you to lie and conceal information.

Remember?

I also posted, First of all, there is no such thing as a "sealed record," or an "expunged record" as far as the military is concerned. The recruiting services have access to law enforcement and FBI investigative records, which -- quite often will list arrests in these categories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues