Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 06:14 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,322,792 times

Advertisements

Original Poster said " The Army advises I do not need a waiver, and that if I decide to attempt to use a waiver, it will screw me over because all branches can see if I get denied."
This is an actual lie. No branch can see any other branch's waiver. No branch can know the status of approval or denial of a moral's waiver in another branch. This is an actual bold-faced lie. If the Air Force does a waiver, MEPS finds out about the offense. This then means that all branches must deal with the offense. If the Air Force doesn't do the waiver, MEPS doesn't find out about the offense, and it allows this particular Army recruiter to hide the offense and not do the waiver.
No recruiter can see anything about a waiver process in any other branch. Period. The End. The Army will have no clue if a morals waiver is approved in the Air Force or not. An Air Force disapproval has zero bearing on any other process, except to bring the offense to light if the waiver gets to MEPS.

OP said "Additionally, I have quite the medical history in regards to surgeries. I have been cleared by all my doctors since 2016 though. The Air Force is once again advising I need a medical waiver for this as well. But the Army says I do not."

MEPS decides who needs a medical waiver. If MEPS makes the Air Force get a medical waiver, all other branches have to get the same waiver from their Surgeon General. MEPS has ONE set of medical standards. The Army absolutely has to do exactly the same medical waivers as the Air Force. Unless, they conceal information. The minute the Air Force tells MEPS about a surgery, the Army has no ability to hide it. The ONLY thing that makes sense is that this Army recruiter has no plans to tell MEPS about the surgeries, and doesn't want the Air Force to tell them either, because then the Army can't pretend they don't know. Literally the only way the Army wouldn't have to do a waiver, is by concealing the information from MEPS. That is a fact.

I am not just making stuff up over here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Crushing demands of job lead some Air Force recruiters to falsify reports
By: Stephen Losey   September 1, 2014
https://www.airforcetimes.com/educat...lsify-reports/
Totally! Recruiters in all branches do it. But, many recruiters are also honesty. I wasn't implying that all Army recruiters were liars and all Air Force were honest. I was only speaking to this one situation between 1 Army and 1 Air Force recruiter that that OP asked about.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:11 PM

1,073 posts, read 1,042,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
There is no other way the OPs post makes sense.
Sure there is, but I believe it is better left alone. I hope the OP chooses the honest path to military service.

Old 11-15-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVREDLEG View Post
Sure there is, but I believe it is better left alone. I hope the OP chooses the honest path to military service.
I'm curious what that way could

Old 11-17-2017, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Remember other people, not just military "types", are reading this thread--it is inappropriate for me to elaborate on my response in this public area.

Your scenario is one possibility. It is not the only possibility. That is all.

Old 11-17-2017, 02:51 AM

6,445 posts, read 9,801,932 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVREDLEG View Post
Remember other people, not just military "types", are reading this thread--it is inappropriate for me to elaborate on my response in this public area.

Your scenario is one possibility. It is not the only possibility. That is all.
He could tell you Dmarie but then he'd have to kill you lol

Old 11-17-2017, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
He could tell you Dmarie but then he'd have to kill you lol
Apparently. I can't come up with even a remote possibility of a second way the scenario makes sense. If it's the obscure, the obvious answer is probably the right now- the one recruiter is planning to conceal info.

Old 11-17-2017, 09:57 AM

39,182 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
I sent you a PM, but essentially the Army is going to tell you to lie and conceal information. This is a horrible idea. .
The recruiter told him that he did not need a waiver. The recruiter did not tell him to lie and conceal information like you suggested.

First of all, there is no such thing as a "sealed record," or an "expunged record" as far as the military is concerned. The recruiting services have access to law enforcement and FBI investigative records, which -- quite often will list arrests in these categories.

The recruiter did not tell him to lie, he/she only told him that he did not need a waiver. (read op again) "lie about the arrest" "you don't need a waiver" Huge difference between the two.

waiver is not needed if an arrest or questioning does not result in referral of charges, or if charges are dismissed without a conviction or other adverse disposition. Even if a waiver is not required, the arrest must be reported.

He (op) reported the arrest, recruiter felt the waiver was not needed, not sure why you came up the conclusion that Army is going to tell him to lie about it. The recruiter only told him "You don't need a waiver" nothing more.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 11-17-2017 at 10:20 AM..

Old 11-17-2017, 10:07 AM

39,182 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Original Poster said " The Army advises I do not need a waiver, and that if I decide to attempt to use a waiver, it will screw me over because all branches can see if I get denied."
This is an actual lie. No branch can see any other branch's waiver. No branch can know the status of approval or denial of a moral's waiver in another branch.
There is a possibility that op meant MEPS results, all branches can see the MEPS results.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 11-17-2017 at 10:19 AM..

Old 11-17-2017, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Apparently. I can't come up with even a remote possibility of a second way the scenario makes sense. If it's the obscure, the obvious answer is probably the right now- the one recruiter is planning to conceal info.
Just don't want to let it go, do you? You are missing the obvious answer. You jumped to the first conclusion based on your bias toward Army recruiters, not the OP. Keep thinking, and you will figure it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues