U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 02:58 PM

23 posts, read 12,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Bingo.

The air force, I imagine, just doesn't care in general. Hell, you have to recruit them.
The recruiter got back to me and informed me that my waiver is at the flight chief level. What does that mean? Also, what are the next steps in the process; how many more people review the waiver before a decision is made?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2018, 06:51 AM

3,088 posts, read 8,885,017 times
That's the recruiter's boss. He or she recommends approval or disapproval, then it goes to operations who does a QC for accuracy, then to the commander who makes the ultimate decision. In some units this takes a week, in others it takes months.

Old 05-02-2018, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
That's the recruiter's boss. He or she recommends approval or disapproval, then it goes to operations who does a QC for accuracy, then to the commander who makes the ultimate decision. In some units this takes a week, in others it takes months.
Thanks for your response. Does this mean I should be expecting a call from the flight chief and/or commander? Or do I get the news after the decision is made. Just trying to get an idea of what is to come. Also, given the current process Iím in, what is a reasonable estimate of how long I have until Iím at BMT? Thanks again.

Old 05-03-2018, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsamadh View Post
Thanks for your response. Does this mean I should be expecting a call from the flight chief and/or commander? Or do I get the news after the decision is made. Just trying to get an idea of what is to come. Also, given the current process Iím in, what is a reasonable estimate of how long I have until Iím at BMT? Thanks again.
Every unit is different. They may or may not call. You'd have to ask your recruiter. Your recruiter will tell you when it is approved or disapproved.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:51 AM

So my recruiter submitted the waiver on April 25th. And I have received any calls or updates. I reached out to my recruiter a few weeks ago and he notified me that the flight chief was reviewing it. With that being said, where is the waiver now? Is it on the commanders desk waiting for him to look at it? The long process is killing me. Any advice would help.

Old 06-12-2018, 12:44 PM

865 posts, read 284,351 times
Quote:
So my recruiter submitted the waiver on April 25th. And I have received any calls or updates. I reached out to my recruiter a few weeks ago and he notified me that the flight chief was reviewing it. With that being said, where is the waiver now? Is it on the commanders desk waiting for him to look at it? The long process is killing me. Any advice would help.

Other AF peoples lives depend on you ablitity to hold it together under pressure so chill out so the commander can gage your steadiness. Or not............

Old 06-12-2018, 01:05 PM

2,434 posts, read 569,771 times
Quote:
The long process is killing you, welcome to the reality of trying to enlist into the Air Force

Might have to try to Army as they typically neeed more folks

Old 06-12-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
When the flight chief is done, it goes to operations to review it for perfect accuracy. They check to see that everything is 100% correct in the package based on internal checklists. This can take 3 days to 3 months, depending on the operations department. Then, it often goes to the operations commander (an O3) for another review, and then to the commander. Sometimes the whole entire process takes a week, sometimes 6 months. Only your recruiter can tell you the typical time for your area.

Old Today, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
When the flight chief is done, it goes to operations to review it for perfect accuracy. They check to see that everything is 100% correct in the package based on internal checklists. This can take 3 days to 3 months, depending on the operations department. Then, it often goes to the operations commander (an O3) for another review, and then to the commander. Sometimes the whole entire process takes a week, sometimes 6 months. Only your recruiter can tell you the typical time for your area.
Thank you for the information. My recruiter just informed me that the squadron commander has it now. I’m guessing this is a good sign so far. It’s been 1 year 7 months since the DUI and have kept a clean record since. What do you think my chances are?

Last edited by ajsamadh; Today at 02:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues