Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2018, 01:09 PM

605 posts, read 1,259,212 times

Advertisements

with the changes made by Obama administration for the hiring of Air Traffic Controllers (2012) and even with congress re-instituting the hiring of the grads from Certified Training Initiative Colleges with this degree, thee is such a back-log of kids trying to get into ATC/FAA. My son originally took his ATSAT in college at 98% - but the test is now called ATSA and he can't figure out why he keeps 'failing out' (probably due to the personality test piece of the ATSA - not the formal ATC education piece (he now works with the FAA in an airport TRAINING PILOTS/ATC's under a subcontractor of the government.... He has ONE more bid to go before he 'ages out' of ATC with the FAA. He's thinking of Air force now - although with a four year degree he still would not have his dream job for ATC (he would actually be over the requirements) he would be an mgr. of ATC's in the AF. What do you think????? frustrated mom of a frustrated CTI grad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2018, 03:48 PM

1,991 posts, read 900,039 times
Retired ATC here. Does your son know you keep posting here and on other forums about the same topic over and over through the years? You make him sound like a mama's boy. Let him make his own decisions. Lots of other controllers have been hired during the time you have been posting. If he was any good he would have been hired as well. My post may sound cruel to you, but believe me, that is exactly the environment that your son will be in if he does get hired. He's not owed anything because he's a CTI. There must be a problem somewhere. I'm betting its your interference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues