U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2018, 03:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,433 times

Advertisements

Throughout the last 19 years I have had several surgeries (nothing too major), and was in a car wreck. This caused me to have a long medical history. My recruiter told me it could take a week or two to hear back from MEPS on wether I am good to enlist or not. It has been almost a month he is still telling me he hasn't heard anything and they could call him and day or it could still "take a while". All that being said I need to plan accordingly as far as applying to colleges and for scholarships, and getting another job. I don't want to do all of this and then be told I can leave and then have wasted my time and have to quit a new job, but I feel like there is info not being relayed to me. I have had several friends hear back within three days. (This is for the army by the way). Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2018, 03:00 PM

3,176 posts, read 9,186,711 times
They MEPS has a 3 day time limit if under 20 pages of medical records are submitted. If it's like hundreds of pages, they have unlimited time. They have to make an exhaustive list of everything they have concerns about and everything they need. For example, if you had a hand surgery and it says to follow-up in 6 weeks and you never went back, the MEPS will ask for the follow-up records or current status. If you went in for a concussion and it says you had an MRI, but the MRI report wasn't in the records, they'll ask for that. If the car accident ER records list an allergy to a medication, they'll ask for the allergist records, etc. In my experience, the more you turn in, the longer the list of stuff MEPS asks for.

It's also possible you were disqualified and your recruiter is waiting on the SG to make a decision (up to 90 days) but the recruiter should tell you that.

All this being said, as someone who has been in recruiting for multiple tours, it's unusual for it to take THIS long, if I were you, I'd speak to a supervisor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues