U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 01:21 PM

5,634 posts, read 2,198,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier1976 View Post
I was not AGR. I was a dual status soldier. I was a federal employee. I worked for the Army National Guard. Most of these are logistic in nature meaning they were there to support the part time force by repairing equipment. Some of them are IT in nature. Not everyone can get them true. But I never heard of a wait list. The system requires you to apply for the positions whether they are ARG or technician.

We as a military have to be accountable to our civilian authority or we become a North Korea.

I wish you would have known me while you were in. I could have assisted you in finding a way through the trouble you found. I helped many soldiers find the right mixture of fun and seriousness. I think that is why it took me 30 years to become a 1SG.
I would not think that our military would denigrate into a north korea, I was thinking more along the lines of the knights Templar. But I suppose its a slippery slope .... The knights Templar were autonomous from the nations they operated in for a very long time and its said that Switzerland is basically a Templar nation.

That would have been cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2018, 01:33 PM

29,167 posts, read 46,291,220 times
I do not agree with our nation's role as world-wide power and 'peacekeeper'. But it is what it is and I have very little say in changing it.

I enlisted many times, I knew what I was getting myself into in those contracts. I think that everyone who enlists has a good idea of what they are getting themselves into.

The benefits do vary slightly from one branch to another, from full-time to part-time.

If you selected to be a X instead of being a Y, dont whine to me about how Y's have it better than X's.

In the Navy we say: "Choose your rate, choose your fate"

btw thank you for your service.

Old 02-16-2018, 02:11 PM

5,634 posts, read 2,198,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
I do not agree with our nation's role as world-wide power and 'peacekeeper'. But it is what it is and I have very little say in changing it.

I enlisted many times, I knew what I was getting myself into in those contracts. I think that everyone who enlists has a good idea of what they are getting themselves into.

The benefits do vary slightly from one branch to another, from full-time to part-time.

If you selected to be a X instead of being a Y, dont whine to me about how Y's have it better than X's.

In the Navy we say: "Choose your rate, choose your fate"

btw thank you for your service.

Did some people get written contracts for flight off the street? I know I could not get one so I opted out, I either did not have what it took or you dont, in fact get to choose your rate.

To me it seemed there was a pseudo illusion of choice in the military but, in my experience, I could not get a written contract for a specific job and if I did not get said job I could go home. I did go on to the gaurd as a last ditch attempt to get flight but it was just more of the same, maybe this maybe that so I asked to be released and they approved it prior to OCS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or