Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2018, 09:38 PM

4 posts, read 4,062 times

Advertisements

I'm a registered nurse, age 32. I'm seriously considering the navy reserve nurse corps and I recently read that the general age limit has been raised to 39. Is this for enlisted members only or does it include officers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2018, 10:01 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,767,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmyloo85 View Post
I'm a registered nurse, age 32. I'm seriously considering the navy reserve nurse corps and I recently read that the general age limit has been raised to 39. Is this for enlisted members only or does it include officers?

Quote:
Navy Reserve Nurse Corps

Job Description

Navy Reserve Nurse Corps officers, like those in the Regular Navy, are graduates of accredited U.S. nursing education programs. They provide quality health care in diverse clinical settings, management and supervision, and instruction for other hospital staff in the Navy Reserve.

Qualifications

Age – At least 20 and less than 40 years of age at time of appointment. Maximum age limit may be waived on a case-by-case basis (up to age 51), depending on a person’s qualifications and the needs of the Navy. Age limits may be adjusted for previous commissioned service.

Physical – Meet general physical requirements for commissioned officers in the Navy.

Marital Status – No restrictions.

Citizenship – U.S. citizen.

Education – Should be a graduate of a U.S. nursing education program granting a Bachelor’s degree (BSN) accredited by the appropriate state board of nursing and the National League of Nursing (NLN). Foreign degrees are not recognized unless accredited by US institution or superceded by a US-granted MSN degree.

Direct Appointment

A registered nurse, licensed, in good standing and presently engaged in nursing practice is eligible to apply for a direct appointment in the Navy Reserve as a Nurse Corps officer. The rank offered at the time of appointment is determined by the applicant’s education, professional experience and current Navy policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues