U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2018, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 97 times

Advertisements

I want to be an airborne crypto linguist. Not ground. My recruiter is a nice guy but a little bit shady. I wanted to know if there was a choice between the two. My recruiter told me that you get to choose a preference between the two and you get what you get and you don't get upset. (based off the needs of the AF) Is this true or is it possible that you can choose between the two. Like I said i really would like to be airborne.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 03:28 PM

3,184 posts, read 9,227,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickisaweso View Post
I want to be an airborne crypto linguist. Not ground. My recruiter is a nice guy but a little bit shady. I wanted to know if there was a choice between the two. My recruiter told me that you get to choose a preference between the two and you get what you get and you don't get upset. (based off the needs of the AF) Is this true or is it possible that you can choose between the two. Like I said i really would like to be airborne.
Your recruiter is 1000000% acurate.

1. You might not be qualified to be airborne. The medical exam requirements are must stricter.
2. Airborne linguist is a VERY VERY small career field. We see about 10X as many ground jobs as air.
3. If there are not any airborne openings, we can't just throw more people into the career field than there are openings for. If there are no openings, there are no openings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or