U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 09:48 AM

31,322 posts, read 18,343,761 times

Advertisements

This is obviously a very emotional subject for the Marines and their families. Based on the responses (some are unnecessary in my humble opinion), I can clearly see the situation is stressful for some people. My heart goes out to the families.

This being said, in my humble opinion, blaming one person (however convenient it might be) does not seem reasonable or fair.

First of all, Most of Camp Lejeune’s housing is run by Atlantic Marine Corps Communities, or AMCC, a partnership between Australia-based LendLease Group , Boston-based WinnCompanies and the U.S. Navy. All the homes profiled in this story are managed by AMCC.

When the residence was"unable to get ahold of anybody" and was told , "‘I don’t know what to tell you, go find a shelter.’” You know there is something seriously wrong going on.

I am not suggesting privatization of base housing is a bad thing. When things are running smoothly there is no problem. However, in events like this the true nature of privatization comes out.

Profit is not a bad thing, do not get me wrong. Profit is what drive invention and efficiency. However, Privatization should provide better more efficient goods and service. The problem is in enforcement. Somebody are not doing a good job obviously.

The government in my opinion should intervene and make these private companies do what is expected of them or revoke their contracts. Corpsman take care of the Marines and we should take care of their families.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 10-02-2018 at 10:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2018, 05:51 PM

13,662 posts, read 4,023,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
This is obviously a very emotional subject for the Marines and their families. Based on the responses (some are unnecessary in my humble opinion), I can clearly see the situation is stressful for some people. My heart goes out to the families.

This being said, in my humble opinion, blaming one person (however convenient it might be) does not seem reasonable or fair.

First of all, Most of Camp Lejeune’s housing is run by Atlantic Marine Corps Communities, or AMCC, a partnership between Australia-based LendLease Group , Boston-based WinnCompanies and the U.S. Navy. All the homes profiled in this story are managed by AMCC.

When the residence was"unable to get ahold of anybody" and was told , "‘I don’t know what to tell you, go find a shelter.’” You know there is something seriously wrong going on.

I am not suggesting privatization of base housing is a bad thing. When things are running smoothly there is no problem. However, in events like this the true nature of privatization comes out.

Profit is not a bad thing, do not get me wrong. Profit is what drive invention and efficiency. However, Privatization should provide better more efficient goods and service. The problem is in enforcement. Somebody are not doing a good job obviously.

The government in my opinion should intervene and make these private companies do what is expected of them or revoke their contracts. Corpsman take care of the Marines and we should take care of their families.
Yes it's a third party but the base Commander needed to step in and he hasn't or didn't ,they are suppose to work in conjunction together,they have not.I agree with your last sentence ,it was the point on my post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues