U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2018, 03:25 PM

1 posts, read 45 times

Advertisements

So I joined the Military in San Diego and finished my schooling in San Diego while receiving GI and BAH benefits and I was wondering if I would receive them if I went to school in Guam? If I use my GI Bill in Guam I know i'll get tuition help since I have had family members use it in Guam and it is also mentioned on many college websites there. Although I am still not sure and have not heard of anyone receiving BAH or OHA in Guam.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know anyone that is a veteran and has received bah/oha while making use of the GI Bill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 04:29 PM

114 posts, read 84,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoiJay View Post
So I joined the Military in San Diego and finished my schooling in San Diego while receiving GI and BAH benefits and I was wondering if I would receive them if I went to school in Guam? If I use my GI Bill in Guam I know i'll get tuition help since I have had family members use it in Guam and it is also mentioned on many college websites there. Although I am still not sure and have not heard of anyone receiving BAH or OHA in Guam.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know anyone that is a veteran and has received bah/oha while making use of the GI Bill?
I used mine in Greece in 2017 and the rate was around $1600 for BAH. I just checked Guam and it shows the rate there is $2450. Google weams institution search and you'll be able to search for schools by state, territory or country.

Old 12-12-2018, 04:36 PM

2,380 posts, read 1,465,241 times
This an ad, but it does contain some good info: https://www.collegefactual.com/colle...lege/veterans/

From the VA: https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/f...r_students.asp

I've found the VA education folks are very helpful. Give them a call.

Old Today, 08:15 AM
PFM

107 posts, read 104,860 times
Just remember that the stipend is calculated using the school ZIP/location, not your residence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues