U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 01:12 AM

8,134 posts, read 2,594,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
In the C-130 world it was common for a newbie to be told to determine if the plane had a hydraulic fluid leak just aft of the paratroop doors. For those not familiar with the C-130, that's where the urinal drain outlets are located. They'd also be instructed to go to maintenance and get some prop wash. And the list goes on.
I've wondered for some time, how the military worked out the use of those male-centric tubes, after mixed-gender crews and passengers came into the picture?

Old 02-14-2019, 05:28 AM

5,442 posts, read 3,905,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW R1100 View Post
Did anyone read that story in the L.A. Times about the California Air National Guard about someone pissing in a certain female administrator's boots? This gal made a federal case of it, involving censuring commanders and other admin types, etc, etc, etc. I understand the #MeToo thing, but come on, pissing in boots qualifies as a #MeToo things? What she should have done was find out who did it, which is not hard, and do some kind of get-back. These are boys-will-be-boys kind of things, and if you want to play with the boys, prepare yourself to play on their playground. You have to prove you can take it, and ratting out a pranker is not the way to do it. I was in the army for three years, and that's how the military works. If she would have kept her mouth shut, and taken a dump in the perpetrators boots, she would have been applauded and become "one of the boys." As it is now, her Air Guard career is over. Here's a link.
https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...210-story.html
Boys will be boys? Playing with boys? You have a very chauvinistic, childish attitude. There are pranks, and then there are evil pranks and pissing in a woman's boot is not only childish, it is a filthy thing to do.

I think a lot of men still don't feel that women are equals. It's high time to grow up and realize that you aren't any better or any worse than a woman. Black people fought hard to gain equal rights, and now women have to step up to the same line. Isn't that big of you men who feel this way?

Chauvinism has no place in the National Guard IMO. Some day one of those "women" that you so disrespect might just save your life. Did you ever think of that?

The world respects men in uniform who lay their lives on the line every day. What a fine way to instantly lose respect when they think malicious things like this are funny.

Old 02-14-2019, 06:16 AM

11,925 posts, read 3,359,434 times
Quote:
Did anyone read that story in the L.A. Times about the California Air National Guard about someone pissing in a certain female administrator's boots? This gal made a federal case of it, involving censuring commanders and other admin types, etc, etc, etc. I understand the #MeToo thing, but come on, pissing in boots qualifies as a #MeToo things? What she should have done was find out who did it, which is not hard, and do some kind of get-back. These are boys-will-be-boys kind of things, and if you want to play with the boys, prepare yourself to play on their playground. You have to prove you can take it, and ratting out a pranker is not the way to do it. I was in the army for three years, and that's how the military works. If she would have kept her mouth shut, and taken a dump in the perpetrators boots, she would have been applauded and become "one of the boys." As it is now, her Air Guard career is over. Here's a link.
https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...210-story.html
I have never been in the military, and I have never read or posted to this subforum. This discussion popped up in my "active threads" feed, and I took a peek out of sheer morbid curiosity.

All I have to say is this: A person who would engage in such behavior - or attempt to excuse it, justify it, or conceal it - has absolutely no business being in any position of power or authority. None. Not the military, not law enforcement, not even the supervisor of a shift at McDonald's.

Actually, as I think about it, I do have more to say. Urinating or defecating on someone's clothing is not a prank. Also, "play?" Really? Perhaps I'm totally off the rails, but the idea that protecting the country is a game seems a little off, to put it mildly. Defending this kind of crap, no pun intended, is not going to attract the best and brightest to military service.

Old 02-14-2019, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I have never been in the military, and I have never read or posted to this subforum. This discussion popped up in my "active threads" feed, and I took a peek out of sheer morbid curiosity.

All I have to say is this: A person who would engage in such behavior - or attempt to excuse it, justify it, or conceal it - has absolutely no business being in any position of power or authority. None. Not the military, not law enforcement, not even the supervisor of a shift at McDonald's.

Actually, as I think about it, I do have more to say. Urinating or defecating on someone's clothing is not a prank. Also, "play?" Really? Perhaps I'm totally off the rails, but the idea that protecting the country is a game seems a little off, to put it mildly. Defending this kind of crap, no pun intended, is not going to attract the best and brightest to military service.
And it is not attracting positive attention to the decent and hororable men who serve.

It leaves a foul taste in one's mouth that the military can knowingly turn their heads away and ignore these filthy acts in the name of "playful pranks".

Old 02-14-2019, 10:44 AM

15,630 posts, read 7,073,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramidsurf View Post
Come on. I abhor how far the military has gone in some respects due to politics, but pissing in someone's clothing is disgusting and not a practical joke. It never has been. In fact, when I was a young and dumb enlisted dude I would have smashed someone's face in if they pissed in my boots.

A practical joke is hiding someone's gym bag or drawing on their ID.
I spent over twenty years as a fighter pilot. That is one of the more macho, private club atmospheres you will ever find. At least until Tailhook 1991. Pranks and jokes were accepted, and to be in a fighter squadron meant having to have a thick skin, so to speak. The pranks, however, had to be of the innocuous and genuinely funny variety. Knowing when to knock-it-off was vital.

Where the trouble lies in this scenario is how it involves personal equipment (PE). When I was flying F-16s at Luke AFB someone took the flight jacket from the ADO (#3 in the squadron, really he's the guy who gets stuff done in the unit) and sprayed it lightly with water, and placed it in the freezer. A day later, more of the same, until there was a glaze of ice in it. When the pilot needed it he came looking for it, to which a captain said, "Well, check the freezer." It was really cold that day, 50s which is a relative term but cold for AZ, and he flew with a spare jacket. But he was clearly PO'ed and rightly so, you don't mess with PE because that is stuff a person relies on. Not funny in the least. I'm surprised the ADO, who'd been a linebacker at USAFA, didn't bust the dude in the face. I sincerely hope that the person who used the Guardsmen's boot, which is PE, as a urinal ends up getting the boot in a different way. We don't need idiots like that, and unless there is a culture of misogyny in that unit, he may end up so ostracized that his career is toast anyway. (I don't know the full circumstances, but that may qualify as issue equipment and be considered destruction of government property).

Old 02-15-2019, 01:30 PM

9,772 posts, read 4,230,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
There are pranks, and then there are evil pranks and pissing in a woman's boot is not only childish, it is a filthy thing to do.
Not that prank wasnt bad, but was it done because of her gender or her position? Did they **** in guys boots too?

#metoo seems to blame everything that happens to women because of their gender. Female dies in car wreck? Car is sexist...

Old 02-20-2019, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 175 times
I am retired military and let me tell you one thing. This is unsanitary and un healty way to do a prank. Boys will be boys does not Qualify anymore. If she had been the one to have done it the boys will be boys would have hung her out to dry. That is a way of say that this is still a mans world and if your going to do the job then you need to be able to play with the big dogs. I know more to the story than any of you posting do. So before you post make sure of what you are talking about. Make sure that the parties involved with this don't read what you are doing because you just may get yourself involved. Make sure that you back door is clean. If you are military or retired military with respect for your fellow Soldier or airman or what every you want to call your self these days, you can back up what you are say. I can.

Old 02-21-2019, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
Not that prank wasnt bad, but was it done because of her gender or her position? Did they **** in guys boots too?

#metoo seems to blame everything that happens to women because of their gender. Female dies in car wreck? Car is sexist...
whaaat?? metoo is women standing up for their rights and for stopping abuse by MEN. I don't think anyone knows how MANY women are or have been abused by MEN, and have never said a thing to anyone about it, me included, until this moment as I type this.

As for cars being sexist because a female dies in it? give you head a shake.

Old 02-22-2019, 10:48 AM

815 posts, read 294,802 times
Quote:
How many of you posters were ever in the military? It is a pranksters paradise, with a target-rich environment. Like the first-grade playground, running to tell the teacher gets you branded as a tattle-tale. If you can't take it, get out the front door.
Which military were you in? The Civil Air Patrol? lol In my day, almost 40 years ago, this would have earned you a punch in the face. This crossed a line and as we'll see, it's not the crime, it's the cover-up.

Old 02-22-2019, 11:08 AM

10,913 posts, read 7,957,901 times
My first reaction was similar to the OP. Usually they only mess with you if they like you.
My second was: LOCK YOUR STUFF UP. If you leave your stuff unsecured and it gets vandalized you have to take part of the blame.
Third - it was in the female restroom. Don't tell me a woman couldn't do that. We've been filling urinalysis bottles since 1982.
Fourth - whoever did it is a humongous coward. I can't believe anyone would want that person in the unit. Look at the stain (no pun intended) it's left on the unit. I hope she's proud of herself. Letting things go so far. Ridiculous.
One thing about Air Guard units. They have a "small town mentality". There are members who have been there 30+ years who are fairly non-productive. They stay until they're 60 and don't spend much effort making themselves better. When everyone hits the after-hours drinking scenes on deployment, that's where you'll find the perp. Kissing up to the brass.
That's my take. I was 20yrs Air Guard. We had a sexual assault covered up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues