U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 02:48 PM

183 posts, read 48,954 times

Advertisements

Did anyone read that story in the L.A. Times about the California Air National Guard about someone pissing in a certain female administrator's boots? This gal made a federal case of it, involving censuring commanders and other admin types, etc, etc, etc. I understand the #MeToo thing, but come on, pissing in boots qualifies as a #MeToo things? What she should have done was find out who did it, which is not hard, and do some kind of get-back. These are boys-will-be-boys kind of things, and if you want to play with the boys, prepare yourself to play on their playground. You have to prove you can take it, and ratting out a pranker is not the way to do it. I was in the army for three years, and that's how the military works. If she would have kept her mouth shut, and taken a dump in the perpetrators boots, she would have been applauded and become "one of the boys." As it is now, her Air Guard career is over. Here's a link.
https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...210-story.html

Old 02-12-2019, 02:59 PM

2,806 posts, read 1,600,337 times
This may, seriously, be one of the dumbest posts I've ever read on CD.

The boys-will-be-boys crap has gotten the AF into huge problems. It's time to grow [mod cut] up. Or just fold them back up under the Army so they can have some grown up leadership.

Last edited by volosong; 02-13-2019 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: profanity, implied or expressed prohibited per the T.O.S.

Old 02-12-2019, 03:29 PM

9,259 posts, read 6,247,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW R1100 View Post
Did anyone read that story in the L.A. Times about the California Air National Guard about someone pissing in a certain female administrator's boots? This gal made a federal case of it, involving censuring commanders and other admin types, etc, etc, etc. I understand the #MeToo thing, but come on, pissing in boots qualifies as a #MeToo things? What she should have done was find out who did it, which is not hard, and do some kind of get-back. These are boys-will-be-boys kind of things, and if you want to play with the boys, prepare yourself to play on their playground. You have to prove you can take it, and ratting out a pranker is not the way to do it. I was in the army for three years, and that's how the military works. If she would have kept her mouth shut, and taken a dump in the perpetrators boots, she would have been applauded and become "one of the boys." As it is now, her Air Guard career is over. Here's a link.
https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...210-story.html
Uh, no. The person who did that to Sergeant Pineda's footwear acted unprofessionally and should be appropriately dealt with.

Old 02-12-2019, 03:54 PM

82 posts, read 22,785 times
I always wonder how the people who push personal responsibility on others excuse themselves so quickly.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:32 PM

24,756 posts, read 40,112,100 times
Quote:
Did anyone read that story in the L.A. Times about
No, I did not read the story. I did't even read all of your post... eek:

Old 02-12-2019, 08:07 PM

6,621 posts, read 6,171,483 times
Quote:

....... These are boys-will-be-boys kind of things, and if you want to play with the boys, prepare yourself to play on their playground. You have to prove you can take it, and ratting out a pranker is not the way to do it. I was in the army for three years, and that's how the military works. ......

So you're saying that adults that think and behave like stupid little boys (yourself included as you have admitted) is what the military is now composed of? If that's the case and these are the people who are defending and protecting America then all I can say is may God save America from fools like that!

Old 02-13-2019, 12:17 PM

183 posts, read 48,954 times
How many of you posters were ever in the military? It is a pranksters paradise, with a target-rich environment. Like the first-grade playground, running to tell the teacher gets you branded as a tattle-tale. If you can't take it, get out the front door.

Old 02-13-2019, 01:02 PM

10,293 posts, read 7,918,360 times
Quote:
How many of you posters were ever in the military? It is a pranksters paradise, with a target-rich environment. Like the first-grade playground, running to tell the teacher gets you branded as a tattle-tale. If you can't take it, get out the front door.
Maybe all of this should change. For all the respect that the military demands, I would hope the military conducts itself at a higher level than first grade.

This has nothing to do with #metoo.

Old 02-13-2019, 01:35 PM

1,515 posts, read 2,248,902 times
Come on. I abhor how far the military has gone in some respects due to politics, but pissing in someone's clothing is disgusting and not a practical joke. It never has been. In fact, when I was a young and dumb enlisted dude I would have smashed someone's face in if they pissed in my boots.

A practical joke is hiding someone's gym bag or drawing on their ID.

Old 02-13-2019, 04:36 PM

30,283 posts, read 48,467,902 times
During my 20-year Active Duty career, I saw a lot of pranks.

Fortunately, in this case, nobody was hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues