U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 01:28 PM

8 posts, read 1,048 times

Advertisements

UPDATE- So, upon further thought as to your reply I have scheduled an appointment with my urologist to get an IVP done. That way I am in compliance with the MEPS request to get an IVP done. Usually you think the doctor knows best and he just wanted an ultrasound done, but you may be right. I may have been DQ’d because I didn’t follow MEPS request. My AF recruiter has told me currently my waiver has been resubmitted and is being reviewed. He’s not sure if I get DQ’d again if I can submit new test results, e.g. the IVP I’m trying to get. Also, as a plan B I have contacted a Navy recruiter to get the process going with them if I get DQ’d from the AF again and I’m not allowed to submit any further test results. The Navy recruiter is going to try and get my MEPS records sent to the Navy side. My question is, will the AF side find out that I’ve now applied for the Navy when they try to obtain my MEPS records? And will the AF stop my application process because I’m trying to explore other options? Basically, will the AF recruiter find out about the Navy recruiter. I’m trying to stay AF and they are my first choice if accepted, but I feel it’s wise to have a back up plan. I just don’t want to burn any bridges because I have all my AF stuff done and is just this medical DQ thing I’m trying to resolve. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2019, 04:59 PM

3,305 posts, read 9,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ummagumma32 View Post
UPDATE- So, upon further thought as to your reply I have scheduled an appointment with my urologist to get an IVP done. That way I am in compliance with the MEPS request to get an IVP done. Usually you think the doctor knows best and he just wanted an ultrasound done, but you may be right. I may have been DQd because I didnt follow MEPS request. My AF recruiter has told me currently my waiver has been resubmitted and is being reviewed. Hes not sure if I get DQd again if I can submit new test results, e.g. the IVP Im trying to get. Also, as a plan B I have contacted a Navy recruiter to get the process going with them if I get DQd from the AF again and Im not allowed to submit any further test results. The Navy recruiter is going to try and get my MEPS records sent to the Navy side. My question is, will the AF side find out that Ive now applied for the Navy when they try to obtain my MEPS records? And will the AF stop my application process because Im trying to explore other options? Basically, will the AF recruiter find out about the Navy recruiter. Im trying to stay AF and they are my first choice if accepted, but I feel its wise to have a back up plan. I just dont want to burn any bridges because I have all my AF stuff done and is just this medical DQ thing Im trying to resolve. Thanks.
I'm at a level in Air Force recruiter well above the flight chief, and I promise, you can submit your waiver additional times with new information. There is no hard limit. It's just unusual, that's why the recruiter isn't sure.

The Air Force SG waiver won't stop if you start with the Navy, as long as the records are at the SG. It's hard to explain, but your records can only be with 1 branch at MEPS. Once they're above MEPS (at the SG), then MEPS doesn't matter.

However, if the Navy pulls your records, you won't be able to send the IVP up to the SG because it has to go through MEPS.

Once your records go to the Navy SG, the Air Force can pull them back and resubmit to the Air Force SG.

So, yes, you can be at both SGs (Navy and AF), but only one branch can work you at MEPS at a time.

Your recruiter will most likely be understanding, as it isn't unusual for health professionals to hedge their bets like that.

Good luck!

Old 02-19-2019, 05:39 PM

Thank you for response. I really appreciate the time you take in answering my questions. Would it make more sense to halt my process with the Navy so the AF can process my waiver and any new tests I may have in the near future? I don’t want to jeopardize my progress with the AF as once I can get medically qualified I should be in like Flynn and hopefully keep my original COT date.

Old 02-20-2019, 01:07 AM

Oh sorry, I forgot that you had a COT date. Yes, I'd keep pursing only AF. It slipped my mind you were already selected. Congrats on that by the way!

I think you have an excellent chance with the testing.

If not, it's clear you're a strong candidate, and the Navy isn't going anywhere.

Old 02-20-2019, 01:09 AM

Also, when an AF recruiter has someone selected, and then they lose that person for any reason, they take a ding on their numbers. It can affect things like awards and performance reviews. It affects the flight chief also.

I tell you this so you will know that they'll likely do everything they can in their power to help you. They just have very limited power.

Old 02-20-2019, 02:12 AM

Roger that. Thank you. I will inform the Navy recruiter to pause on pulling my MEPS record so I can continue to clear things up with the AF SG. I’ll keep you posted. Thank you once again. Your information has been very enlightening.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:35 PM

815 posts, read 296,704 times
Good luck! I was an Air Force med lab tech in the 70’s working stat chemistry when Wilford Hall was a 1,000 bed teaching facility. I loved my time there and I always insured the various critical care units’ tests were done quickly and accurately.

Old Yesterday, 03:12 PM

UPDATE- so I went to see my urologist this week and told him I should have the IVP done because it’s the only thing I could figure out that not having it done led to my DQ. Urologist said their office doesn’t do IVPs so he set me up for a CT scan of my kidneys. Sent the results to my recruiter and my waiver has been approved. I am now medically qualified and back on track!

Old Yesterday, 04:19 PM

1,665 posts, read 3,074,723 times
Congratulations! I am happy that you have been approved and that you took the proper steps to ensure that approval.
Good luck.

Old Yesterday, 11:55 PM

362 posts, read 427,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ummagumma32 View Post
UPDATE- so I went to see my urologist this week and told him I should have the IVP done because its the only thing I could figure out that not having it done led to my DQ. Urologist said their office doesnt do IVPs so he set me up for a CT scan of my kidneys. Sent the results to my recruiter and my waiver has been approved. I am now medically qualified and back on track!

Congratulations, that is wonderful news! Persistence pays off. And thanks to Dmarie123 for all the helpful advice. She is golden on this forum!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or