Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2020, 07:08 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,055,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
You sound like someone who has been indoctrinated.

Hook, line, and sinker.

Pot calling kettle. Dude, there is more to life than partisan fan worship or hatred.

Old 09-05-2020, 07:23 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,675,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
You sound like someone who has been indoctrinated.

Hook, line, and sinker.
It doesn’t take indoctrination. Just night after night of watching Democrats endorse looting, rioting, and violence for three straight months. That’ll should make any rational person change their mind pretty quick. It takes delusional thinking to believe there’s such a thing as fiery, but peaceful protests or groups burning American flags while chanting death to America are somehow right-wing Trump supporters.

Trump says inappropriate things while the other side endorses widespread violence. They are both bad, but one of them won’t burn down my city.

Old 09-05-2020, 08:46 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I have no problem with people saying they don’t like Trump.

But look at the options we’ve been given. Hillary Clinton? She’s a horrible person, and much worse than Trump.

Now we are given another choice: Joe Biden. Not the Biden from 30 years ago. The Biden of today, who is clearly suffering early onset dementia. Who will be running the country if he wins?

It won’t be Kamala. It will be the Clinton Foundation, who basically purchased the DNC after Obama bankrupted it.

So again, we are given a choice of Trump or Clinton (In this case, the Clinton machine).

I’ll stick with Trump.
I'll agree with you on about 80% of that, I don't like Biden and pretty much couldn't stand Hillary, but sadly, as my feelings for both are more positive than the alternative.

Where we disagree is your conspiracy regarding the Clinton Foundation, and that you'll stick with Trump, and that Hillary was worse than Trump. I have no choice but to vote for Biden, just like I had no choice but the vote for Clinton. The Democrats anger me, as they continually seem clueless and always find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Their messaging really sucks, and the optics they present are not inspiring.

But, at least they are not evil.

Old 09-05-2020, 08:51 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,617,651 times
Quote:
I have no problem with people saying they don’t like Trump.

But look at the options we’ve been given. Hillary Clinton? She’s a horrible person, and much worse than Trump.

Now we are given another choice: Joe Biden. Not the Biden from 30 years ago. The Biden of today, who is clearly suffering early onset dementia. Who will be running the country if he wins?

It won’t be Kamala. It will be the Clinton Foundation, who basically purchased the DNC after Obama bankrupted it.

So again, we are given a choice of Trump or Clinton (In this case, the Clinton machine).

I’ll stick with Trump.
What does this have to do with the topic at hand though?
None of your Opinions has to do with the subject at hand.

Old 09-05-2020, 08:55 PM

6,091 posts, read 3,330,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
What does this have to do with the topic at hand though?
None of your Opinions has to do with the subject at hand.
It has everything to do with the topic at hand. The media attempted to smear Trump by saying he called military members suckers and losers. Bolton and Sarah Sanders said they were both there and he did not say that. The media says “anonymous sources” heard him say that.

In the middle of this thread others chimed in and believed he did say it and that they trust Biden more.

I don’t agree with that.

So I’m confused, what do you think this thread is about?

Old 09-05-2020, 09:02 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,617,651 times
Quote:
It has everything to do with the topic at hand. The media attempted to smear Trump by saying he called military members suckers and losers. Bolton and Sarah Sanders said they were both there and he did not say that. The media says “anonymous sources” heard him say that.

In the middle of this thread others chimed in and believed he did say it and that they trust Biden more.

I don’t agree with that.

It certainly isn't about the Clintons or their Foundation.

Old 09-05-2020, 09:07 PM

12,383 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Quote:

I don’t agree with that.

The OP read:
Quote:
I'm sickened to hear about this label to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice.

It kind of reminds me of one of my college professors who laughed at me when I told him I was headed to Officer Basic Course then my first assignment after graduating. He thought I was wasting my education.

After a nearly 23-yr career, that conversation stick sticks with me that this guy thought serving your country wasn't anything but an honorable thing to do.

Anyone else put down for the service you gave to your country?

I'm starting to understand what my father went through after returning from Vietnam and the reception he received
I thought it was about the experiences of veterans with the general population of their nation's. Many land's where "thank you for your service" is a recent anomaly on any day besides Memorial Day and Veterans Day in the US. Not just another thread from the politics forum.

Old 09-05-2020, 09:47 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,661,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Because the alternative hates this country and everything it stands for. I can much easier stomach Trumps nonsense than the desire by the left to change this country into something unrecognizable.

Stupid rumors going around that if President Trump wins re-election there will be civil war and the military will join the thugs on the street and refuse to stand up for America.

As a former Navy wife, I recognize that as nothing more than fear biting by idiots who hide behind masks while being manipulated by the left. President Trump is free to have his opinions, but in this case - the alleged remark, it just doesn't ring true. He is more American than the former White House resident.

I have also experienced the arrogance between ranks but the most worst was a base commander talking about how the only purpose civilians have is to pay taxes for his retirement, at that time I was civilian. Arrogance and self righteous behavior happens everywhere, even in the soup kitchen we volunteered at.

These are very troubling times, but let's not lose our moral compass.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:52 PM

6,091 posts, read 3,330,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
The OP read:

I thought it was about the experiences of veterans with the general population of their nation's. Many land's where "thank you for your service" is a recent anomaly on any day besides Memorial Day and Veterans Day in the US. Not just another thread from the politics forum.
That’s disingenuous and you know it. The title of the thread is “suckers and losers”, which there are about a million other articles about how Trump allegedly said this circulating right now.

You and the OP know exactly what is going on here. But when people came to the defense of Trump, you and others didn’t like it, so someone tried to play the “hijack card”.

And now you are acting like politics wasn’t even implied? Come on man!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues