Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-25-2022, 01:51 PM
 
Location: Midwest
9,196 posts, read 10,963,638 times
Reputation: 17406

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
When selecting hundreds, there will be mistakes. Look at Wray, who knew he was a swamp protector?
https://www.independentsentinel.com/...hes-gone-woke/

As to Biden, the exodus of his staff to include military departures are well reported. https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...ffers-00035931

Meanwhile, back to the military, spec ops is trying their own angle to fix the recruiting gap (to stay on thread topic). https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...cruiting-woes/

Basically, the army spec ops is going to invigorate the recruiting at the hig school level. Get the top athletes and convince them to go directly into SF, instead of waiting to the end of their first enlistment.
One look at Wray's smarmy sneering self-satisfied face tells me all I need to know. After a certain age, you can judge a lot by a face.

“At 50, everyone has the face he deserves.”

― George Orwell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-25-2022, 02:51 PM
 
5,889 posts, read 3,156,677 times
Reputation: 10609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
I had to laugh at the “evidence” of bases being affected by climate change, as if it’s never happened before, ha!

Here is what they listed in the article:

1) Hurricane Michael inflicted billions of dollars of damage at Tyndall Air Force Base in Florida.

It’s Florida people! Anybody remember Hurricane Andrew at Homestead Air Force Base in 1992?

2) Severe flooding of the Missouri River in the Midwest damaged Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska, costing hundreds of millions of dollars.

Rivers flood people! Anybody remember Grand Forks Air Force Base in 1997? The flood didn’t get to the base, but thousands of towns people were evacuated and placed in hangars on base. Thousands of military family’s homes were damaged.


3) Wildfires in California have threatened military installations, forcing repeated evacuations.

It’s the western US people! Anybody ever been to Vandenberg Space Force Base? There have been dozens of wildfires that have threatened that base ever since it opened as a base in the 40’s. If you don’t believe me, look it up. I knew a guy who was stationed there and used to talk to all the old timers who retired in the area. This isn’t a new development.

4) Typhoons in Guam most commonly occur from June to December, but in February 2019, Typhoon Wutip forced the DOD to pause exercises with Australian and Japanese allies.

It’s the Pacific people! It’s typhoon alley. Wake Island has been devastated many times by major typhoons all the way back since the 40’s. You want to talk about pausing operations? I was in Okinawa in 2006, and we must’ve had at least 10 typhoon evacuations during that one season. I was TDY so much that year, I was barely home. As far as Guam, they’ve been hit by typhoons many, many times over the years.


Anybody remember the McConnell Air Force Base major tornado in 1991 that nearly took out a squadron of B-1s that were on the ground?

Anybody remember the F5 Tinker Air Force Base major tornado that hit in 1999?

I could go on and on.

But I’m not sure what to think about Austin. Does he really believe all of this nonsense? Does he really believe that climate dangers to bases are a new thing? Or is he like a prisoner, forced to read off this nonsense in order to keep his job?

Finally, wrapping up this long post, let me reiterate. The US Military is no longer serious. We are wasting effort on nonsense like this when we should be focusing our efforts on real problems.

Last edited by WK91; 10-25-2022 at 03:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2022, 08:40 PM
 
Location: U.S.
9,512 posts, read 8,968,551 times
Reputation: 5927
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I had to laugh at the “evidence” of bases being affected by climate change, as if it’s never happened before, ha!

Here is what they listed in the article:

1) Hurricane Michael inflicted billions of dollars of damage at Tyndall Air Force Base in Florida.

It’s Florida people! Anybody remember Hurricane Andrew at Homestead Air Force Base in 1992?

2) Severe flooding of the Missouri River in the Midwest damaged Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska, costing hundreds of millions of dollars.

Rivers flood people! Anybody remember Grand Forks Air Force Base in 1997? The flood didn’t get to the base, but thousands of towns people were evacuated and placed in hangars on base. Thousands of military family’s homes were damaged.


3) Wildfires in California have threatened military installations, forcing repeated evacuations.

It’s the western US people! Anybody ever been to Vandenberg Space Force Base? There have been dozens of wildfires that have threatened that base ever since it opened as a base in the 40’s. If you don’t believe me, look it up. I knew a guy who was stationed there and used to talk to all the old timers who retired in the area. This isn’t a new development.

4) Typhoons in Guam most commonly occur from June to December, but in February 2019, Typhoon Wutip forced the DOD to pause exercises with Australian and Japanese allies.

It’s the Pacific people! It’s typhoon alley. Wake Island has been devastated many times by major typhoons all the way back since the 40’s. You want to talk about pausing operations? I was in Okinawa in 2006, and we must’ve had at least 10 typhoon evacuations during that one season. I was TDY so much that year, I was barely home. As far as Guam, they’ve been hit by typhoons many, many times over the years.


Anybody remember the McConnell Air Force Base major tornado in 1991 that nearly took out a squadron of B-1s that were on the ground?

Anybody remember the F5 Tinker Air Force Base major tornado that hit in 1999?

I could go on and on.

But I’m not sure what to think about Austin. Does he really believe all of this nonsense? Does he really believe that climate dangers to bases are a new thing? Or is he like a prisoner, forced to read off this nonsense in order to keep his job?

Finally, wrapping up this long post, let me reiterate. The US Military is no longer serious. We are wasting effort on nonsense like this when we should be focusing our efforts on real problems.
It’s easier going the other direction vs proving s negative. Meaning that if you (or anyone) believes in global warming, what is it that we can do overtly to CAUSE that calamity? For testing purposes, what can we do to cause a hurricane to hit New Orleans in July 2923. We have time, what actions do we need to take? You see how ridiculous the arguments become?

If you had to raise the earth's temperature, what could we do to prove actual results? Tangible actions that you can do openly raise the temperature by 1/8 a degree. Be like china and open a new coal plant every week like they do? Start cutting pipelines? Start wildfires?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2023, 12:58 PM
 
5,889 posts, read 3,156,677 times
Reputation: 10609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoski View Post

I can understand why you would think the military is focused on wokeism and climate change if you get your information from certain sources with certain agendas. From talking to the folks in actual boots on the ground who I served with and who continue to serve, my understanding of current affairs is way different.
There’s a report out today that there are now a total of 5 Republican candidates who had their private Air Force military records improperly released to a DNC affiliated company.

The names:

Rep Don Bacon (R-Neb)
Rep Zach Nunn (R- IA)
Jennifer Ruth Green, lost her race in IN
Sam Peters, lost his race in NV
Kevin Dellicker, lost his race in PA

There are still 6 other unknown names that had their records improperly released, I wonder who they are?

I don’t care which political party you support, this is an egregious act that should never be tolerated. Nobody deserves this, not from either party.

But it absolutely will be tolerated because the military leadership in Wash DC has been hijacked by the woke left. This breach wouldn’t have happened unless it was sanctioned very high up on the food chain.

To the people who don’t believe anything I’ve written in this post:

Prove me wrong. Go ahead, refute this evidence. Let me know what your “understanding of current affairs” actually is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2023, 06:27 AM
 
Location: South of Cakalaki
5,670 posts, read 4,579,206 times
Reputation: 5071
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
There’s a report out today that there are now a total of 5 Republican candidates who had their private Air Force military records improperly released to a DNC affiliated company.

The names:

Rep Don Bacon (R-Neb)
Rep Zach Nunn (R- IA)
Jennifer Ruth Green, lost her race in IN
Sam Peters, lost his race in NV
Kevin Dellicker, lost his race in PA

There are still 6 other unknown names that had their records improperly released, I wonder who they are?

I don’t care which political party you support, this is an egregious act that should never be tolerated. Nobody deserves this, not from either party.

But it absolutely will be tolerated because the military leadership in Wash DC has been hijacked by the woke left. This breach wouldn’t have happened unless it was sanctioned very high up on the food chain.

To the people who don’t believe anything I’ve written in this post:

Prove me wrong. Go ahead, refute this evidence. Let me know what your “understanding of current affairs” actually is.
Some folks need to go to prison for this. But the rest of the post is just your usual nonsense because in your mind, everything is politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2023, 01:40 PM
 
5,889 posts, read 3,156,677 times
Reputation: 10609
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Some folks need to go to prison for this. But the rest of the post is just your usual nonsense because in your mind, everything is politics.
Yea, just nonsense because only one side of the aisle is negatively affected. Must of been a coincidence, nothing to see here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2023, 03:37 PM
 
Location: South of Cakalaki
5,670 posts, read 4,579,206 times
Reputation: 5071
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Yea, just nonsense because only one side of the aisle is negatively affected. Must of been a coincidence, nothing to see here.
Blah, blah, blah…..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2023, 03:46 PM
 
46,166 posts, read 26,822,776 times
Reputation: 11054
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Yea, just nonsense because only one side of the aisle is negatively affected. Must of been a coincidence, nothing to see here.
So, let be clear here, you're cool with it as long as it's the "only one side"?

Nobody is surprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2023, 02:25 PM
 
Location: Juneau, AK + Puna, HI
10,403 posts, read 7,488,979 times
Reputation: 15709
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
There’s a report out today that there are now a total of 5 Republican candidates who had their private Air Force military records improperly released to a DNC affiliated company.

The names:

Rep Don Bacon (R-Neb)
Rep Zach Nunn (R- IA)
Jennifer Ruth Green, lost her race in IN
Sam Peters, lost his race in NV
Kevin Dellicker, lost his race in PA

There are still 6 other unknown names that had their records improperly released, I wonder who they are?

I don’t care which political party you support, this is an egregious act that should never be tolerated. Nobody deserves this, not from either party.

But it absolutely will be tolerated because the military leadership in Wash DC has been hijacked by the woke left. This breach wouldn’t have happened unless it was sanctioned very high up on the food chain.

To the people who don’t believe anything I’ve written in this post:

Prove me wrong. Go ahead, refute this evidence. Let me know what your “understanding of current affairs” actually is.
DNC affiliated is a stretch. It's a company that received "more than $100,000" from them. I don't believe for a minute it was "sanctioned" by anyone in the military or the Biden administration. What do you suppose the objective would be in obtaining this information for political purposes?

https://indianacapitalchronicle.com/...-by-air-force/

"...Air Force employees didn’t follow procedures that required getting a signature to release this type of information, though the spokesperson said there “was no evidence of political motivation or malicious intent on the part of any employee.”

The Air Force spokesperson said that “virtually all unauthorized disclosures were in response to a third-party seeking service records for employment or benefit purposes through a process commonly used by other federal agencies to conduct employee background checks.”

A letter from Air Force Major General Troy E. Dunn to Bacon about his military personnel record release says that Abraham Payton, a background investigation analyst with Due Diligence Group, LLC, requested the congressman’s records from the Air Force Personnel Center Military Records Branch in November 2021...

Dunn wrote in the letter to Bacon that the Air Force immediately changed its procedures to require a higher level review and additional security checks to avoid records being incorrectly released in the future..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2023, 09:24 AM
 
5,889 posts, read 3,156,677 times
Reputation: 10609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
DNC affiliated is a stretch. It's a company that received "more than $100,000" from them. I don't believe for a minute it was "sanctioned" by anyone in the military or the Biden administration. What do you suppose the objective would be in obtaining this information for political purposes?

https://indianacapitalchronicle.com/...-by-air-force/

"...Air Force employees didn’t follow procedures that required getting a signature to release this type of information, though the spokesperson said there “was no evidence of political motivation or malicious intent on the part of any employee.”

The Air Force spokesperson said that “virtually all unauthorized disclosures were in response to a third-party seeking service records for employment or benefit purposes through a process commonly used by other federal agencies to conduct employee background checks.”

A letter from Air Force Major General Troy E. Dunn to Bacon about his military personnel record release says that Abraham Payton, a background investigation analyst with Due Diligence Group, LLC, requested the congressman’s records from the Air Force Personnel Center Military Records Branch in November 2021...

Dunn wrote in the letter to Bacon that the Air Force immediately changed its procedures to require a higher level review and additional security checks to avoid records being incorrectly released in the future..."
I stopped reading your post after you wrote received 100k from the DNC. Case closed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top