Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-10-2023, 08:52 AM
 
Location: South of Cakalaki
5,725 posts, read 4,700,020 times
Reputation: 5173

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
You are being lied to by this government and the MSM. Iran absolutely recently received a ton of money that they then in turn funneled to Hezbollah, who funneled it to Hamas. They did the same thing in 2015 when they received that haul of money. Just because 6 billion is sitting in Qatar means nothing. Other money was certainly sent to them, with that 6 billion as collateral.

Even in the article you posted, it still says:

"This still frees up their budget constraint to spend other money on other things,"

Let me guess, you believe Blinken when he says “we found no evidence of Iran involvement for Oct 7th”.

You are an establishment tool. Think about it. We are helping to fund our enemies in the Middle East, and then we are putting troops in danger at their bases in the AOR.

So does that surprise you when people look at this data and decide not to join up anymore?
The MSM LIES!!!!! Haha. You're parroting the websites that post lies to convince an easily manipulated group by anything they sell. You're an anti-American tool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-10-2023, 09:31 AM
 
Location: U.S.
9,511 posts, read 9,096,362 times
Reputation: 5927
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
The MSM LIES!!!!! Haha. You're parroting the websites that post lies to convince an easily manipulated group by anything they sell. You're an anti-American tool.
Everything was understandable in your reply except the last sentence. Anti American? Really?
Is this an attempt to spin this thread off track and thus get it closed because it isn’t going your way?

On thread topic, potential military recruits see whatever media is publishing and rarely is the information positive, thus they decide on another path besides the military.

Can’t ignore what any media, right or left, has some level of influence on potential recruits. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2023, 10:00 AM
 
6,139 posts, read 3,358,943 times
Reputation: 11022
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
The MSM LIES!!!!! Haha. You're parroting the websites that post lies to convince an easily manipulated group by anything they sell. You're an anti-American tool.
Ok, convince me that the MSM is anything more than DNC state run tv. As far as I can tell, the reason they exist is to get Democrats elected.

Explain to me how Obama and Biden placating Iran is a good thing. I see Iran using their excess money to destabilize the Middle East.

Explain to me how this current administration’s policies are good for military recruiting and retention. Because I see huge amounts of people saying no to Biden and Austin and all the rest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2023, 10:27 AM
 
14,401 posts, read 14,321,986 times
Reputation: 45732
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Ok, convince me that the MSM is anything more than DNC state run tv. As far as I can tell, the reason they exist is to get Democrats elected.

Explain to me how Obama and Biden placating Iran is a good thing. I see Iran using their excess money to destabilize the Middle East.

Explain to me how this current administration’s policies are good for military recruiting and retention. Because I see huge amounts of people saying no to Biden and Austin and all the rest.
Just to satisfy my curiosity what do you think are the best places to obtain news and information?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2023, 10:47 AM
 
Location: South of Cakalaki
5,725 posts, read 4,700,020 times
Reputation: 5173
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Everything was understandable in your reply except the last sentence. Anti American? Really?
Is this an attempt to spin this thread off track and thus get it closed because it isn’t going your way?

On thread topic, potential military recruits see whatever media is publishing and rarely is the information positive, thus they decide on another path besides the military.

Can’t ignore what any media, right or left, has some level of influence on potential recruits. Thanks.
The fact that the far right refuses to acknowledge the influence of Russian and Chinese misinformation is scary. And yes, if you continue to accept the BS they peddle, and spread it, you're anti-American. Are things bad in recruiting? Certainly. But you, and your fellow travelers, are certain it must be Biden and Austin. Without any actual proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Ok, convince me that the MSM is anything more than DNC state run tv. As far as I can tell, the reason they exist is to get Democrats elected.

Explain to me how Obama and Biden placating Iran is a good thing. I see Iran using their excess money to destabilize the Middle East.

Explain to me how this current administration’s policies are good for military recruiting and retention. Because I see huge amounts of people saying no to Biden and Austin and all the rest.
Just exactly where do you see these "huge amounts"?

You think the MSM is fraudulent because you are a true believer. And just like a true believer on the left, dangerous to this country. The reality is this; the majority of the American voting populace resides comfortably in the middle, where I spend my time.

American youth have changed. Their ability to communicate with one another across the country is different than it's ever been before. Check out Reddit or Discord. They talk to one another and the military isn't their best choice. Currently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2023, 01:43 AM
 
6,139 posts, read 3,358,943 times
Reputation: 11022
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Just to satisfy my curiosity what do you think are the best places to obtain news and information?
It’s extremely difficult to find anything to completely trust. So basically, I trust nothing, and come to the best conclusions that I can. The lying in the media is absolutely ridiculous and out of control.

I read everything. Left, right, center.

The bottom line is that there is something seriously wrong with the US nowadays. Most everyone knows it, too.

The US has become completely corrupt and immoral. The establishment, Permanent Washington, aka Deep State, allowed all of this to happen. So I do not support them anymore.

Many veterans feel exactly like I do, and that’s why they are telling their younger family members to not join up.

But let me guess where you like to get your “fair and balanced” news. CNN, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2023, 05:51 AM
 
Location: U.S.
9,511 posts, read 9,096,362 times
Reputation: 5927
Default This endorsement

For benefit to the military, here is a great photo and message.

Surely there will be young Americans that begin their research on the military after seeing this photo and post. Elon Musk at the Army Navy game. Huge endorsement. Win for DOD.

https://www.outkick.com/elon-musk-ar...e-tweet-video/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2023, 06:41 AM
 
6,139 posts, read 3,358,943 times
Reputation: 11022
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
For benefit to the military, here is a great photo and message.

Surely there will be young Americans that begin their research on the military after seeing this photo and post. Elon Musk at the Army Navy game. Huge endorsement. Win for DOD.

https://www.outkick.com/elon-musk-ar...e-tweet-video/
This is part of my point. Elon needs to take the next step and give preferential hiring to veterans. To the college grads who want to work at Tesla, go do a 4 year hitch first and then go to work for Tesla.

This is how you keep recruitment up, and this is how you get young people to love their country again.

Also, throw out the DEI demonizing of white people. Unfortunately, we will have to wait until next year to see if Austin gets thrown out with all his DEI programs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2023, 07:14 AM
 
28,681 posts, read 18,811,357 times
Reputation: 30998
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
This is part of my point. Elon needs to take the next step and give preferential hiring to veterans. To the college grads who want to work at Tesla, go do a 4 year hitch first and then go to work for Tesla.

This is how you keep recruitment up, and this is how you get young people to love their country again.
That might get people into the military, but it won't get them loving their country.

Quote:
Also, throw out the DEI demonizing of white people. Unfortunately, we will have to wait until next year to see if Austin gets thrown out with all his DEI programs.
DEI in the DoD proved that it was a grift. The career of Austin himself was a demonstration that the military merely needed to keep doing what it had been doing since the 70s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2023, 10:40 AM
 
Location: U.S.
9,511 posts, read 9,096,362 times
Reputation: 5927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
That might get people into the military, but it won't get them loving their country.

DEI in the DoD proved that it was a grift. The career of Austin himself was a demonstration that the military merely needed to keep doing what it had been doing since the 70s.
We’d much rather have Elon Musk standing up publicly saying he loves America than the politicians accusing the military of falsehoods, on tv. Night and day difference.

If American is trying to improve recruitment, Musk is doing much better job than AOC, and Musk isn’t getting paid to help military recruitment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top