Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2023, 03:15 AM

6,091 posts, read 3,330,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Then you should immediately cease working for the AF, which is an immense institution that I am sure has lied to you many times. And further, don't you work as a contractor? I sure the corporation you work for has done some shady stuff. Put up or shut up.
I have no doubt that there is corruption going on within the DOD. If there wasn’t, there would be no need to staff a Procurement Fraud office and investigate a constant flow of complaints.

The only thing I can do is control what I can control, which is myself and the programs I run, and there certainly isn’t any fraud going on there.

What goes on above me at the highest levels of procurement and government? I’m not naive enough to think that there is nothing going on.

Thats the difference between you and me. You have this misguided trust in a corrupt society that I do not. I’m just powerless to stop it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2023, 03:47 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times
Quote:
Then you should immediately cease working for the AF, which is an immense institution that I am sure has lied to you many times. And further, don't you work as a contractor? I sure the corporation you work for has done some shady stuff. Put up or shut up.
You’re telling people (or person) to quit jobs because of disagreement on a single issue. Great advice.

Tell a UPS driver to quit when they discover UPS donated to xyz political cause. Irrational, high risk, and impractical. Most of us have families that trust us to make ends meet and aren’t financially able to become political activists. If we owned X (formerly known as Twitter), then maybe we could. Thanks for your wisdom.

Old 12-06-2023, 07:56 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
And of course we have nothing in writing. No name. Just an assertion that there is a doctor out there that thinks these vaccines are "poison".

All this is supposed to negate all the extensive research that has been done that has found these vaccines are both safe and effective.

I am smart enough to know I am not going to change some minds over this. What I will continue to object too is changing entire policies based on these anecdotal stories.
You discount the thousands of people who have reported life altering side effects? What will it take, a member of your family die from the poison? There was no extensive research done on these vaccines. They were rushed through. Why do you think they were never actually approved but only allowed on an emergency basis?

Old 12-06-2023, 08:23 AM

5,716 posts, read 4,682,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I have no doubt that there is corruption going on within the DOD. If there wasn’t, there would be no need to staff a Procurement Fraud office and investigate a constant flow of complaints.

The only thing I can do is control what I can control, which is myself and the programs I run, and there certainly isn’t any fraud going on there.

What goes on above me at the highest levels of procurement and government? I’m not naive enough to think that there is nothing going on.

Thats the difference between you and me. You have this misguided trust in a corrupt society that I do not. I’m just powerless to stop it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
You’re telling people (or person) to quit jobs because of disagreement on a single issue. Great advice.

Tell a UPS driver to quit when they discover UPS donated to xyz political cause. Irrational, high risk, and impractical. Most of us have families that trust us to make ends meet and aren’t financially able to become political activists. If we owned X (formerly known as Twitter), then maybe we could. Thanks for your wisdom.
I'm not the one that made the statement about not trusting institutions. I guarantee you Johns Hopkins and Mayo have higher respectability than the USAF. Shame, but true.

The UPS analogy doesn't really work. First, because you try to link to a single issue. But WK91 didn't say he didn't trust institutions due to a single issue. Second, because is UPS really an institution?

Old 12-06-2023, 10:02 AM

6,091 posts, read 3,330,622 times
Quote:
I'm not the one that made the statement about not trusting institutions. I guarantee you Johns Hopkins and Mayo have higher respectability than the USAF. Shame, but true.

The UPS analogy doesn't really work. First, because you try to link to a single issue. But WK91 didn't say he didn't trust institutions due to a single issue. Second, because is UPS really an institution?
You are incredibly naive if you think Johns Hopkins and the Mayo Clinic are 100% above board.

Their first priority of business is self preservation and making money. After that comes the health of the people they treat. Sometimes, everything is perfectly aligned. They make money and help people. But other times, they have difficult choices they must make, and self preservation will always trump their patients, aka customers.

They rationalize it all by focusing on the big picture, that it’s ok to cheat a bit now to ensure a stronger future.

I don’t know when it happened, but at some point in our country’s past, private and public institutions became more important than the people they serve. Government became more important than the actual citizens they were supposed to serve.

To tie this all back to the military, that very same out of control government, which is actually run by large US corporations, has seeped into military decision making.

Thats why you have Pfizer making Lloyd Austin and Gen Milley force an mRNA vaccine onto everyone in uniform.

As for me, a contractor, I didn’t “have” to take it, but I certainly would’ve been taken off the contract. This is just as bad for my company as it would’ve been for me, as they would’ve lost a lot of money while my position sat vacant as they tried to onboard someone.

So what my company did was offer me $250 to get the shot. I’m going to assume they may have been reimbursed for that money, but I’m not sure.

Anyway, my whole point here is that everything is interrelated, and corruption is rampant.

Old 12-06-2023, 10:13 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,286,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
You discount the thousands of people who have reported life altering side effects? What will it take, a member of your family die from the poison? There was no extensive research done on these vaccines. They were rushed through. Why do you think they were never actually approved but only allowed on an emergency basis?
The vaccines were fully approved as of January 31, 2022. Extensive research was done. Tens of thousands of people participated in clinical trials for both Pfizer and Moderna. If you want, I'll recite the details of the clinical trials.

What of course hasn't been done is decades of clinical follow up. That wasn't done because if it had been done there would have been no vaccine now when millions needed it to prevent or mitigate the consequences of a life threatening illness.

Quote:
https://www.novanthealth.org/healthy...u-need-to-know

Moderna's two-dose vaccine, now fully approved by The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for adults, became the second COVID-19 vaccine in the United States to receive final approval from federal regulators.

Pfizer's vaccine received full FDA approval for people 16 and older in 2021, sparking hopes that a new wave of Americans who were wary of the vaccine would get the shots.

While Moderna's vaccine, named Spikevax, is available to people 18 and older, it is not approved for use in younger individuals. Pfizer's vaccine, named Comirnaty, carries emergency authorization for use in children 5 and up. And pediatricians recommend they get it.

Building vaccine confidence
One consistent criticism from those who were hesitant to get vaccinated is that the vaccines had only received emergency use authorization (EUA), which provides access to medical products that may be effective in preventing or treating a disease, provided the FDA determines its potential benefits outweigh the potential risks.

While there's no difference between the FDA-approved vaccines and those previously available through EUA, full approval means the vaccines have cleared a higher bar of review. The bottom line, doctors say, is that the mRNA vaccines are safe and effective.

Old 12-06-2023, 12:06 PM

8,927 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
You discount the thousands of people who have reported life altering side effects? What will it take, a member of your family die from the poison? ...
For some people, it will not matter, if a member of their family dies from the vaccine.

The Dollar and the Deep State have become their gods, and their gods cannot be wrong.

Old 12-06-2023, 01:58 PM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
For some people, it will not matter, if a member of their family dies from the vaccine.

The Dollar and the Deep State have become their gods, and their gods cannot be wrong.
It is a long distance between recognizing the side effects of any vaccine and only believing the vaccine is healthy and good for everyone.

Old 12-06-2023, 02:32 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
The vaccines were fully approved as of January 31, 2022. Extensive research was done. Tens of thousands of people participated in clinical trials for both Pfizer and Moderna. If you want, I'll recite the details of the clinical trials.

What of course hasn't been done is decades of clinical follow up. That wasn't done because if it had been done there would have been no vaccine now when millions needed it to prevent or mitigate the consequences of a life threatening illness.
Many, many people got the vaccine before Jan 31, 2022. It was only tested for a few months before being used on the public. Most drugs get years of trial and even then some fail long term. Look at Thalidomide, it was tested for years and approved only to be pulled after it caused thousands of birth defects. Or Ranitidine, it was approved and then pulled after several years because it can cause cancer.

Old 12-06-2023, 03:37 PM

8,927 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
Many, many people got the vaccine before Jan 31, 2022. It was only tested for a few months before being used on the public.
And yet, government and Big Pharma repeatedly told us it had passed the "gold standard" for safety.

This article is still on Medscape:
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/955162?form=fpf
Says it was published in Annals of Internal Medicine.

They knew when they published it, it was a lie.
Remember Fauci, in his first interview about it, said "even if you get the vaccine, you need to wear a mask."
He knew it was a fraud.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/dr...-gop-criticism
Quote:
Americans, even if fully vaccinated, should wear masks indoors in regions where COVID-19 infections are high,
The CDC knew.

I said it earlier: we don't have any highly respected instituions, any more.
They were bought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues