Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2023, 06:55 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,292,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Everyone knows these are left wing publications that have agendas to serve.
I'm afraid that an article from the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and another from the Mayo Clinic is infinitely more credible on issues of Covid 19 than your personal opinion is. What would you know about Covid 19? Care to share your sources?

Frankly, the fact that you believe such publications are "left wing" is quite amazing. The Mayo Clinic is internationally recognized for the care and treatment it provides. The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine is considered one of the finest medical schools in this country. Did you believe they were "left wing" until Covid 19 came along? I doubt it. More like anything you disagree with is simply discounted as "left wing". I hope and pray most people here do not agree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2023, 04:08 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,081,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I'm afraid that an article from the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and another from the Mayo Clinic is infinitely more credible on issues of Covid 19 than your personal opinion is. What would you know about Covid 19? Care to share your sources?

Frankly, the fact that you believe such publications are "left wing" is quite amazing. The Mayo Clinic is internationally recognized for the care and treatment it provides. The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine is considered one of the finest medical schools in this country. Did you believe they were "left wing" until Covid 19 came along? I doubt it. More like anything you disagree with is simply discounted as "left wing". I hope and pray most people here do not agree with you.
You’re missing the point. Another poster included articles about vaccine effects on young service members and the articles were dismissed as right wing. Then someone grabbed some articles on vaccine studies which were biased to serve up the narrative that vaccines are free of any problems. Everyone can cherry pick a study, left or right, to push the narrative.

Here is CDC”s famous article on 75% breakthrough of vaccination public who got covid.
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7031e2.htm

We know the vaccine doesn’t stop covid yet somehow has minimal if any side effects. You know the side effects that are quickly read on commercials while watching a family out camping with small print disclaimers along the bottom.

The purpose of the thread was to highlight that the Army (just the Army, not DOD) is taking back unvaccinated and discharges soldiers because they apparently no longer “pose a risk to the force”. Convenient. With no changes “in the operating environment “ since they were discharged, but now they are no longer a risk by being unvaccinated. Amazing turn of events.

Old 12-05-2023, 06:59 AM

5,716 posts, read 4,685,139 times
Quote:
You’re missing the point. Another poster included articles about vaccine effects on young service members and the articles were dismissed as right wing. Then someone grabbed some articles on vaccine studies which were biased to serve up the narrative that vaccines are free of any problems. Everyone can cherry pick a study, left or right, to push the narrative.
My 3 links were all from highly respected organizations in the medical community. The other person's were from far right websites where some Navy LT was claiming things with no real data.

That you choose to agree with the far right websites doesn't surprise me. Have to keep those bots fed.

Old 12-05-2023, 08:43 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,639,401 times
Quote:
Right. So DOD is flat out lying.

When convenient, lie about some issue at the moment to discharge service members but then when desperate, send “apology” letters that don’t even apologize.
Yep. That is why I said, what I did, back in post #48.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/mili...l#post66139785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
DOD has always lied.
Of course. Government always lies.
In the past, there was usually some national interest that was served by lying, and the result was that some of us got hurt, but the nation fared better. (There were some cases where this wasn't true, such as Gulf of Tonkin.)
Not a good thing, but understandable.

But, since 2006 (more or less), there has been a growing cancer, in our government that lies in ways that hurt both the people directly effected, and the nation, as a whole was damaged, as well. It is an enemy within: the Deep State.

The lies, this time, were to line the pockets of Big Pharma, and quite a few people in the CDC and NIH, as well as other bureaucracies that were supposed to be their watch dogs, rather than be in bed with them.
That is why I wrote what I did, in post #49.

Old 12-05-2023, 08:45 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,639,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
My 3 links were all from highly respected organizations in the medical community. ...
After all the lies we were told, I am not sure we have any "highly respected" organizations in the medical community.

Some of us are calling 2020-2021 the years that science died.

(Although it has been on its death bed since the "global warming" fraud began.)

Old 12-05-2023, 09:28 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,292,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
After all the lies we were told, I am not sure we have any "highly respected" organizations in the medical community.

Some of us are calling 2020-2021 the years that science died.

(Although it has been on its death bed since the "global warming" fraud began.)
Is your point that you know more about Covid 19 than the doctors at Johns Hopkins University or at the Mayo Clinic? You talk about "science dying". Exactly what is your background in science? Do you have one?

Old 12-05-2023, 10:04 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,081,172 times
Quote:
Is your point that you know more about Covid 19 than the doctors at Johns Hopkins University or at the Mayo Clinic? You talk about "science dying". Exactly what is your background in science? Do you have one?
Even those published studies become dated when new information is discovered. They often don’t go back and pull those studies because they are outdated. Masks were perfect in 2020, even the homemade cloth ones. Then the next study disproved the data.

Questioning a study is an academic requirement. Continue to argue that someone needs a PHD to question the data is not part of a free country. Academic rigor is a necessity “to defend” the research and expecting others to validate.

Nobody walks on water and the researchers who conduct studies often admit they made mistakes and accept the scientific community’s pushback when the errors become public.

I posted the CDC’s study (above) about the Massachusetts case where 75% of vaccinated got Covid yet that study is blasted by liberals as non scientific. You can’t have it both ways.

Old 12-05-2023, 10:57 AM

5,716 posts, read 4,685,139 times
What science does is grow from new data. They aren't scared of it.

Old 12-05-2023, 01:06 PM

6,093 posts, read 3,334,624 times
Quote:
Let me throw my two cents in here.

I certainly don’t know more than the doctors at the Mayo Clinic of Johns Hopkins.

But I do have to take pause and wonder if they are telling me the whole truth or not.

I have very little faith in institutions. I see them as completely corrupt.

Would the Mayo Clinic or Johns Hopkins twist the numbers and potentially hurt people if it meant more money? I believe they would.

I would like to get that faith back, but I don’t see how.

Old 12-05-2023, 01:20 PM

37,453 posts, read 61,366,570 times
Quote:
I'm trying to figure out what Nuremberg has to do with this discussion.
It was the "Just following orders" part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues