Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2023, 09:37 PM

9,512 posts, read 8,968,551 times

Advertisements

In a move that isn’t too popular, the Army has sent letters to thousands of soldiers that were discharged solely for refusing the vaccine.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ccine-mandate/

Do you remember how sure everyone was that these soldiers were wrong? Remember how sure everybody was on the vaccine working?

If the Army gets 4 soldiers back, it will be a miracle. Tens of thousands of national guard were burned without pay or drill credit for not getting Covid vaccine. Now just a year later, the Army has done a 180. The Army can make mistakes on a small scale but where was the absent IG in this protecting the soldiers’ rights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2023, 09:53 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,483,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
In a move that isn’t too popular, the Army has sent letters to thousands of soldiers that were discharged solely for refusing the vaccine.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ccine-mandate/

Do you remember how sure everyone was that these soldiers were wrong? Remember how sure everybody was on the vaccine working?

If the Army gets 4 soldiers back, it will be a miracle. Tens of thousands of national guard were burned without pay or drill credit for not getting Covid vaccine. Now just a year later, the Army has done a 180. The Army can make mistakes on a small scale but where was the absent IG in this protecting the soldiers’ rights?
It was all due to POLITICS. The "Vegetable in Chief" (Biden) was sold on the idea that covid shots were needed to save the world. Therefore, they made them a requirement. The military brass, being the loyal politicians and boot-lickers that they are, fell right in lock-step with the program.

Now they have egg all over their face and are trying to get these former soldiers back on duty. Good luck with that. I imagine that some will re-enlist, but probably less than 20% in my opinion.

Old 11-19-2023, 01:19 AM

14,298 posts, read 14,088,313 times
The military is better off without soldiers who disobey orders.

Old 11-19-2023, 03:51 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,156,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Normally, I would 100% agree with that statement. But this particular issue is something different. Forcing healthy, young people who don’t really need a vaccine, to get it? Against a virus that only harms unhealthy and elderly people?

Not only that, but many medical professionals going on the record, that not only does the vaccine not work, but that it may be harmful too.

I’ve also seen plenty of false equivalency statements about the Anthrax shot of the late 90’s, but again, this is a whole different thing. Anthrax is a bio weapon that will kill you. Covid is a virus that might give you a cold for a day or two. If you are young and healthy, you likely won’t have any symptoms, and Covid is a good thing, which makes your immune system stronger.

I think you ought to pick a better hill to die on.

Old 11-19-2023, 05:13 AM

9,512 posts, read 8,968,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Normally, I would 100% agree with that statement. But this particular issue is something different. Forcing healthy, young people who don’t really need a vaccine, to get it? Against a virus that only harms unhealthy and elderly people?

Not only that, but many medical professionals going on the record, that not only does the vaccine not work, but that it may be harmful too.

I’ve also seen plenty of false equivalency statements about the Anthrax shot of the late 90’s, but again, this is a whole different thing. Anthrax is a bio weapon that will kill you. Covid is a virus that might give you a cold for a day or two. If you are young and healthy, you likely won’t have any symptoms, and Covid is a good thing, which makes your immune system stronger.

I think you ought to pick a better hill to die on.
To show how uncoordinated and hastily the “please come back” campaign was cobbled together, the IG’s website still has the templates for booting out soldiers and a complete listing of all the negative actions for refusal. Normally when a large change is decreed from the top, everyone is made aware and makes the necessary changes to “come on in for the big win”. Clearly that’s not what is going on here. Nobody is updating the policies or communications strategy at the IG HQ.

https://ig.army.mil/Portals/101/Docu...NfpeAnhw%3D%3D

Old 11-19-2023, 06:35 AM

30,454 posts, read 17,870,000 times
Quote:
I agree normally, but this was a somewhat orderly transition where folks were being granted favorable discharge statuses for not getting vaccinated. This wasn't a standard refusal to follow orders issue.

That said, to the larger point here, I don't attack the Army here at all. While the decision to enforce a vaccine mandate was seen as political by many, the Army has to follow the orders of our civilian political leadership. Trying to get people who back in who already had proven themselves as being otherwise up to military standards in the middle of a recruiting crisis is just smart to me. That said, I could understand if many don't want to come back.

Old 11-19-2023, 06:44 AM

49,954 posts, read 63,265,686 times
My bet is they won’t comeback until there is a commander in chief who isn’t a potted plant.

Old 11-19-2023, 08:47 AM

2,911 posts, read 2,010,351 times
Quote:
I feel cringy about it, but I kinda agree.

Almost along the same lines, I knew of a couple of Air Force Airmen who got booted out during the "Don't ask don't tell" era who were allowed to enlist back in when it repealed. At the same time in service and same rank.

Old 11-19-2023, 08:51 AM

2,911 posts, read 2,010,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
My bet is they won’t comeback until there is a commander in chief who isn’t a potted plant.
You'll be amazed. Maybe the benefits of coming back in (VA benefits, retirement, Civil Service points) outweigh the cons.

Old 11-19-2023, 10:32 AM

16,150 posts, read 8,305,382 times
Quote:

Maybe you have selective reasoning, as many a soldier following orders have been court-martialed or derided by the public for doing so.

Frankly if I were a soldier and told to go on a potential suicide mission in the defense of my country, I would obey.
However, being told to take an experimental drug injection to prevent what is not likely to harm me, I would not trust the military taking orders from the politicians who have an ideological agenda.

Does the military have the right to tell a woman to carry a baby to term they want to abort, or in reverse, tell them they must abort their baby that they intend to have?
Of course not, because the "my body, my choice" mantra is embedded into the collective consciousness.
So I do not understand why they should have the right to tell everyone to inject themselves with an unproven (and now we know an ineffective and dangerous) experimental drug.
I also find it interesting how the military backed down when the Navy Seals refused to take it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues