Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2023, 02:28 AM

6,091 posts, read 3,330,622 times

Advertisements

https://www.realcleardefense.com/art...s_1000816.html

What does everyone think of this?

1) Is it real? Or is this just propaganda designed to gain support for more military spending?

2) If it is real, why are we wasting precious assets on needless wars? I don’t consider the Ukraine war as something that needed to happen, nor does it need to continue. Russia has the Donbas, so what?

3) Was this all part of the plan by the so called “Military Industrial Complex” ? Expend munitions, which forces the US to make more, which makes more money for defense contractors

4) If it is real, should we be concerned about falling way behind China in regards to National Stockpiles of raw material, and running short of munitions? It seems like we should be seriously concerned.

Since I no longer trust anyone to tell the truth, I don’t know what to think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2023, 04:03 AM

6,593 posts, read 7,083,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post

1) Is it real? Or is this just propaganda designed to gain support for more military spending?

2) If it is real, why are we wasting precious assets on needless wars? I don’t consider the Ukraine war as something that needed to happen, nor does it need to continue. Russia has the Donbas, so what?

3) Was this all part of the plan by the so called “Military Industrial Complex” ? Expend munitions, which forces the US to make more, which makes more money for defense contractors

4) If it is real, should we be concerned about falling way behind China in regards to National Stockpiles of raw material, and running short of munitions? It seems like we should be seriously concerned.

I cannot answer if that is propaganda. A lot of our munitions we had stockpiled has gone overseas to Ukraine. So it is possible it is just to replace inventory stock.

But what troubles me most is the highlighted line. I know I have heard this line too much in my book. I felt the same until I stopped listening to people that say they are the only truth. I also stopped believing that everyone in news reporting is reporting based upon their own political bias. It used to be Fox News harped that they were fair and balanced but that has turned out to be a lie. They drove that message into everyone that depended on them for accurate news, while lying and fabricating stories.

I do not know if you are a Fox News viewer or not, but if you are, I would suggest to try to put aside what you have been told and try to listen to others. As a soldier, we are taught that in order to defeat your enemy you need to know them. So.... with that in mind if you think that the other side is the enemy, you should listen to them to know what that side is saying. It is why I read a lot from all sources.

Old 12-27-2023, 04:35 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times
Here is a summary of the issue that appears not to be getting fixed but it is a ruse to keep the “already allocated” funding going into munitions.

Out of the nearly $900 billion budget, say $50 billion is given to an Ukraine. DOD must budget for that and if it’s in the form of armaments and munitions, normally a replacement plan would begin and theoretically, would cost $50 billion. For some reason the article is short on explaining the uptake of funding actually spent on replacement munitions (probably because author is not privy to those details but he doesn’t even assume this is ongoing).

What is in the article is the emphasis on GOP’s “fault” on this topic because the GOP expects Biden to ignore “less” existing immigration laws than Biden is ignoring now with little to no enforcement. The biased article paints this as “wanting stricter laws” vs the actually enforcing the existing laws that America expects out of a sitting President.

Funding summary in FY24 NDAA:
https://www.armed-services.senate.go...e_summary1.pdf

What is also veiled in this article is more support to Ukraine, more money needed to restock the stockpile and all it takes is a bigger checkbook. Disingenuous on multiple fronts. Even if DOD budget was $1trillion, this author would still write this article. More money, more money.

Old 01-02-2024, 02:57 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,979,534 times
Quote:
Comrade. Nice attempt.

Who really cares what the Russians do?

Maybe view entire video to the end. Or do facts and eye witness accounts not present in ones fantasy world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW8YYhUIK0s

Old 01-02-2024, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Comrade. Nice attempt.

Maybe view entire video to the end. Or do facts and eye witness accounts not present in ones fantasy world.

[youtu]WW8YYhU[/yout]
htt://www.youtu/watch?v=WW8YYh
Can you summarize or at least discuss your video? Just planting a video and saying “watch” is typical of a comment in YouTube type quality.
-
-

Old 01-03-2024, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Comrade. Nice attempt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW8YYhUIK0s
AP? That is nothing more than state run television. Operation Mockingbird doesn’t work on me, sorry. I prefer to think critically.

Old 01-06-2024, 09:38 AM

560 posts, read 335,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Can you summarize or at least discuss your video? Just planting a video and saying “watch” is typical of a comment in YouTube type quality.
-
-
It's 14 minutes. Very little effort and time to possibly expand one's knowledge and inform one's thinking. Or just ignore anything that doesn't fit into a particular worldview or trusted media source, meaning they will tell me only what I want to hear, and could cause critical thinking to occur.

To answer the question, it's a story documenting the civilian atrocities by Russian troops in the Ukrainian town of Bucha. It's not just about land, it's about sovereignty, war crimes and our willingness to support friends and allies when war and brutality rolls across their border. We've watched this play our before. Ignoring and acquiescing to it now will not lead to future peace and tranquility, but it will give a green light to those looking to invade take and massacre in the process. We can send the ammo now, or use it ourselves in the future, but blood of our service members will also be sacrificed instead of Ukrainian protecting their homeland.

Old 01-06-2024, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoski View Post
It's 14 minutes. Very little effort and time to possibly expand one's knowledge and inform one's thinking. Or just ignore anything that doesn't fit into a particular worldview or trusted media source, meaning they will tell me only what I want to hear, and could cause critical thinking to occur.

To answer the question, it's a story documenting the civilian atrocities by Russian troops in the Ukrainian town of Bucha. It's not just about land, it's about sovereignty, war crimes and our willingness to support friends and allies when war and brutality rolls across their border. We've watched this play our before. Ignoring and acquiescing to it now will not lead to future peace and tranquility, but it will give a green light to those looking to invade take and massacre in the process. We can send the ammo now, or use it ourselves in the future, but blood of our service members will also be sacrificed instead of Ukrainian protecting their homeland.
Ok. We get it. Fund Ukraine again and again….until? What does the end look like as far as objectives? Help explain where the $200 billion has and is going? America was in Afghanistan for 20 years fighting and fighting against atrocities before surrendering. Four times as many service members have died by suicide than killed in Afghanistan and Iraq.

So America gives money before sending in the military. When is enough funding and what is the goal line ? When Ukraine says “enough”, is that when America sends in military? Russia has proven again and again that they are willing to lose millions to meet whatever objectives they have for their military.

https://www.worldatlas.com/world-war...y-country.html

And Russia lost 15,000 in Afghanistan, which they surrendered in 1988.

Last edited by johnsonkk; 01-06-2024 at 10:47 PM..

Old 01-07-2024, 08:15 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,286,698 times
Quote:

Yes, I'm sure the Ukraine War didn't need to happen. It could have been avoided if Vladimir Putin hadn't invaded the Ukraine and attempted to eliminate it as a nation.

Like any country, the USA has vital interests in this world. Outside of our own country, our most vital interests are in Europe. Ever since World War I, Americans have accepted the notion that we cannot just be an isolationist country. Our refusal to get involved earlier in World War II lead to a situation where nazi Germany almost triumphed over every European country including Britain. We learned a lesson from that conflict that refusal to stand by allies simply leads to our opponents and enemies becoming more aggressive and more powerful.

That is the reason why we are supporting the Ukraine right now and why we should continue to support them.

Last edited by markg91359; 01-07-2024 at 09:37 AM..

Old 01-07-2024, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Yes, I'm sure the Ukraine War didn't need to happen. It could have been avoided if Vladimir Putin hadn't invaded the Ukraine and attempted to eliminate it as a nation.

Like any country, the USA has vital interests in this world. Ever since World War I, Americans have accepted the notion that we cannot just be an isolationist country. Our refusal to get involved earlier in World War II lead to a situation where nazi Germany almost triumphed over every European country including Britain. We learned a lesson from that conflict that refusal to stand by allies simply leads to our opponents and enemies becoming more aggressive and more powerful.

That is the reason why we are supporting the Ukraine right now and why we should continue to support them.
Failed diplomacy goaded Putin to invade. Why would you trot out brain dead Kamala to make a speech in Munich where all she did was enflame the situation?

Kamala: "So I will say what I know we all say, and I will say over and over again: The United States stands firmly with the Ukrainian people in defense of the NATO alliance."

Why would you do that if your goal was anything other than manufacturing a war?

I guess if you don’t believe they did this on purpose, then the only other explanation is that she is an unqualified hack, a diversity hire just like all the rest.

Anyway, this is why I firmly state that I don’t know what to believe. They have lost my trust, and tens of millions of people think just like I do.

You can parrot establishment talking points all you want to, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues