Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-25-2024, 01:30 AM
 
17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Reputation: 25655

Advertisements

https://news.usni.org/2024/02/21/***...with-espionage

He’s been in confinement for more than 9 months and they have multiple instances of him providing information to foreign agents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-25-2024, 04:44 AM
 
Location: Central Massachusetts
6,593 posts, read 7,083,282 times
Reputation: 9332
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
https://news.usni.org/2024/02/21/***...with-espionage

He’s been in confinement for more than 9 months and they have multiple instances of him providing information to foreign agents.
He isn't the first one. There have been a lot that mishandled classified information and are serving time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2024, 02:07 AM
 
6,091 posts, read 3,330,622 times
Reputation: 10932
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier1976 View Post
He isn't the first one. There have been a lot that mishandled classified information and are serving time.
Mishandling classified and knowingly giving it to adversaries are two completely different things.

When you import the rest of the world into your country, you undoubtedly have millions of people who are loyal to the country they came from. Some of those people make their way into the military, and some of them had the intention of espionage even before they joined.

As if we don’t have enough problems, we decided to import even more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2024, 04:08 AM
 
Location: Central Massachusetts
6,593 posts, read 7,083,282 times
Reputation: 9332
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Mishandling classified and knowingly giving it to adversaries are two completely different things.

When you import the rest of the world into your country, you undoubtedly have millions of people who are loyal to the country they came from. Some of those people make their way into the military, and some of them had the intention of espionage even before they joined.

As if we don’t have enough problems, we decided to import even more.
Without a doubt and so this Chief Petty Officer should spend a long time behind bars. As for importing people from around the world making us less is a "dog whistle".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2024, 05:00 AM
 
6,091 posts, read 3,330,622 times
Reputation: 10932
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier1976 View Post
Without a doubt and so this Chief Petty Officer should spend a long time behind bars. As for importing people from around the world making us less is a "dog whistle".
Some call it a dog whistle, some call it adding to a problem. I’ll let you guess which type of political ideology considers it a dog whistle.

That part of the world, the Chinese are out in force collecting and doing all they can to obtain information.

We shouldn’t be making it easier for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2024, 05:34 AM
 
Location: Central Massachusetts
6,593 posts, read 7,083,282 times
Reputation: 9332
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Some call it a dog whistle, some call it adding to a problem. I’ll let you guess which type of political ideology considers it a dog whistle.

That part of the world, the Chinese are out in force collecting and doing all they can to obtain information.

We shouldn’t be making it easier for them.
Immigration doesn’t make us less safe so top playing that whistle. It’s out of tune.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2024, 05:36 AM
 
8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Reputation: 5978
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier1976 View Post
Immigration doesn’t make us less safe so top playing that whistle. It’s out of tune.
Illegals crossing the border of the United States by the millions does make us less safe, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2024, 06:44 AM
 
Location: Central Massachusetts
6,593 posts, read 7,083,282 times
Reputation: 9332
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Illegals crossing the border of the United States by the millions does make us less safe, period.
But that isn
t what WK91 said. Immigration is not the problem yet we have a problem at the border because the republicans do not want to fix it because Donald Trump wants to have this as an issue. This poisoning the blood of our country is not right. Most of our nation are immigrants or sons and daughters of immigrants. Part of my family are immigrants. I myself am a second generation from Canada. So please understand what I said. If you want to fix the border, then we need to spend money to protect it. It is not something Mexico will pay for either. We need to put up groud surveilance radar, more patrols and drones to cover the border. Intercept them as the come across. As for the migrants that are coming, most of them we will need. They are not coming from prisons and insane assylums. Only Donald Trump has ever said that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2024, 07:30 AM
 
8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Reputation: 5978
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier1976 View Post
But that isn
t what WK91 said. Immigration is not the problem yet we have a problem at the border because the republicans do not want to fix it because Donald Trump wants to have this as an issue. This poisoning the blood of our country is not right. Most of our nation are immigrants or sons and daughters of immigrants. Part of my family are immigrants. I myself am a second generation from Canada. So please understand what I said. If you want to fix the border, then we need to spend money to protect it. It is not something Mexico will pay for either. We need to put up groud surveilance radar, more patrols and drones to cover the border. Intercept them as the come across. As for the migrants that are coming, most of them we will need. They are not coming from prisons and insane assylums. Only Donald Trump has ever said that.
The FBI also said it....You can not have millions of illegals crossing the border into any nation. I is clear, the Biden administration immediately imposed executive orders, sent the word out that the US border will be opened. Millions responded from all around the world and this administration did nothing because that is exactly what this administration wanted.

Now it's the other party that is at fault? Not buying it. Especially from a family that is compromised.

My family arrived in Virginia in the 1640s. My other half arrived legally from Italy in the early 1900s.

Many are buried in Arlington Cemetery and other military cemeteries throughout the DC area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2024, 08:48 AM
 
6,091 posts, read 3,330,622 times
Reputation: 10932
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier1976 View Post
But that isn
t what WK91 said. Immigration is not the problem yet we have a problem at the border because the republicans do not want to fix it because Donald Trump wants to have this as an issue. This poisoning the blood of our country is not right. Most of our nation are immigrants or sons and daughters of immigrants. Part of my family are immigrants. I myself am a second generation from Canada. So please understand what I said. If you want to fix the border, then we need to spend money to protect it. It is not something Mexico will pay for either. We need to put up groud surveilance radar, more patrols and drones to cover the border. Intercept them as the come across. As for the migrants that are coming, most of them we will need. They are not coming from prisons and insane assylums. Only Donald Trump has ever said that.
Castro emptied his prisons and Maduro likely did the same thing. What China is doing is a different thing, as those don’t look like criminals. They look like an infiltration force, and some of them have been caught while in the US Military.

I think we are getting off track here. This Navy Chief obviously didn’t care about the sovereignty of the US and he certainly didn’t care about the oath he took. The real question is why? Where did his allegiances lie?

Are there others in uniform who have an allegiance to whatever country they came from? Are there Americans like this guy (I assume he was born in the US) who have given up on the US because it’s no longer the country it once was?

Is it wrong to focus on “white supremacists” in the military while our borders are being invaded and military secrets are being given to adversaries?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top